Respected Contributor

Re: Thinning Hair on ONE Side of My Head

Gosh i've had thinner hair on the left side since my 20's  .  at first i noticed it more in cold weather . i had a ton of hair but the lack of humidity kept my hair flatter and less frizz.   

my hair's volume has seriously decreased a lot since menopause.  pre-meno my hair was so thick the part was never visible.  since 2010 i've had 3 major sheds of hair.   One thing i notice, to compensate i have for years parted i  my hair against the natural part - so, covering the thin side. if i part my hair using my natural part, my hair really looks thin. 

losing estrogen really changed everything...for a few months i'm trying some supplements. i do see new hair growing , like 2" or so.

Honored Contributor

How is The Ordinary product used and applied, thanks in advance. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle  I apply a couple droppers full, touching the tip to my scalp and moving it along as I squeeze the bulb of the dropper.  Then I rub it in with my fingertips before it runs anywhere.  Then I rub a scalp stimulator over my scalp.  It's all relatively quick - not a long drawn out process. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   Sleep in the middle of your pillow with your back of your head on the pillow.  Do not sleep on the side that is thinning.  I guess we are just lucky (OMG) that our hair thins out with age.  So many wonderful things that come with age.  LOL  My thinning happened all over so no need to do anything to it.

I also use Aquage Thickening Spray gel.  It's a very fine mist that gives me thickness when I blow dry it.  Love it.  I have tried many others but Aquage is the best.  It rinses with water too.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@monicakm   Sleep in the middle of your pillow with your back of your head on the pillow.  Do not sleep on the side that is thinning.  I guess we are just lucky (OMG) that our hair thins out with age.  So many wonderful things that come with age.  LOL  My thinning happened all over so no need to do anything to it,

How do you know how you sleep...side, back, belly...you're asleep. There's no way to control it. You can fall asleep on your back in the middle of your pillow but then your position changes to whatever after you fall asleep. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

You might want to try these (worked for me) and also change your hair part from side to side every month.

Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin and Nails Advanced, 230 Gummies | Costco

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

How do  you change 60 years of sleeping in a certain position??  I fall asleep about once a year on my back.  Once wasn't too long ago.  My husband came  in, saw me on my back, said my name and I didn't respond.  He thought I was dead Smiley Sad  I have to sleep in a position that is good for my back.  Luckily it's the way I've slept for as long as I can remember...left side with knees curled and a pillow between my knees (and an ice pack since bad knees became a thing).

Honored Contributor

@silkyk 

I took these.  Still have some of the 2nd bottle left before changing to a different brand.  Thanks.  It has made my nails stronger but they didn't need strengthening.  They are already hard as nails but grow faster now.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I apologize as I did not know the circumstances but if you need a quick fix try the Aquage Thickening gel spray on the side that is thinner.  I could not believe the change it made in my hair thickness.  Yes, it washes out but at least you can do over and over again.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle  I apply a couple droppers full, touching the tip to my scalp and moving it along as I squeeze the bulb of the dropper.  Then I rub it in with my fingertips before it runs anywhere.  Then I rub a scalp stimulator over my scalp.  It's all relatively quick - not a long drawn out process. 

Thanks, Jean, congrats to you  and youir family. Is this applied to wet or dry hair and is it used daily. I can only use it when my hair is wet, right after washing since I keep fibers in my thinning hair at all times.