Honored Contributor

Re: Thinking of changing WEN products to something else.

If I stopped using WEN and changed to something else, for me it would mean not only going back to a traditional shampoo but needing to use a conditioner as well.

I've tried this a few times and found that when I finished in the shower, towel drying my hair, it was dry and tangled. And on every occasion I needed a drop or two to run through my hair to make it softer, manageable and UNtangled.

I've used many brands in my past, Suave, Pantene, Aveda, good products, not so good but with all of them I need a conditioner too. WEN is all that I need in one bottle.

Honored Contributor

I gave up WEN because of the build up of silicones on my curly hair. L'Oreal has a new line of sulfate free shampoos/conditions/styling products...some for volume others for color treated hair or curlies. I'm liking it so far.
Occasional Contributor

I love WEN but I lost my job a few years ago so I had to cut down on the WEN. I have a job now but I can't splurge like I use to. I like She Moisture and Pantene products. If I'm going to cleans once that week I use WEN, if more I use the Pantene or Shea Moisture. Plus I've been able to get 3 16oz bottles of Pantene for $5. For me it's all about price. I still only use shampoo maybe once a month.
Honored Contributor

Wasted money on WEN only once....suave professionals and Pantene work much better than WEN on my hair and the prices are reasonable.
Honored Contributor

Pretty much the few products I would recommend aren't any cheaper than WEN. If you liked pantene before, why not just go back to using that?

Super Contributor

Wen is expensive for me especially since I have long thick hair. I alternate with Loreal's Advanced Hair Care, the Power Moisture one. I was impressed with this department store line. I'm usually a hair snob and only use salon brands.

Regular Contributor

Well ladies I had to do something already and finally I tried Suzanne Somers Organic line, shampoo and conditioner with a jar of deep conditioning for intensive conditioning for once or twice a week. Oh my goodness, I used the shampoo and couldn't get it to move around on my head, at first it did, then it got extremely tight or dry feeling, I rinsed it out and it felt so stripped I could of cried. I then used the conditioner to try and get it back to being soft again and manageable, it helped only a little. I then rinsed and then used a small size for leave-in conditioning. I took me forever to comb it out and boy the breakage. Mind you I took my time but it was horrible. Needless to say I sent that stuff back to Evine Live. I have never used anything so horrible. It had all kinds of good ingredients in it and I thought okay I'll give it a try. I didn't bother with the jar of deep conditioner. I'd had enough. Any way , my WEN is just about out, so I went to the store and got Pantene, they have a lot of new styles for it since I left that brand years ago. I got Repair and Protect shampoo and Anti-Breakage for the conditioner, and was very pleased with the results thus far. I will buy another bottle of WEN just for a deeper treatment to use once in awhile and stick with the Pantene for now. There are so many products out there it's quite over whelming. I have kept a lot of the product names you've suggested. And will venture out if the new brands of Pantene don't pan out for me. I deeply appreciate all your help. If anyone used that Suzanne Somers brand did you have the same problem? Just curious. There are a lot of dedicated WEN lovers out there and respect their passion for it and although I did like WEN for the most part perhaps it just was too much build up for my hair after awhile. So I'll still use it once in awhile and see if that may be better for my hair. Trail and error for me right now is the game plan. Thanks once again every one. Smiley Happy