Respected Contributor

Thinking Out of the Box Beauty Tip!

While re-organizing my Pantry, I was thinking out of the Box! ( I like organizing!

I got so frustrated keeping my Nail Polishes...top coats...polish removers...files...nail cutters...foot spa...etc. in my Bathroom! I kept on forgetting or changed my mind on the shade of Polish etc...forgetting stuff...going back & forth because my bathroom is a distance from my kitchen.

Well, I found room for my spa on the bottom floor of the Pantry & Put all my containers with all the stuff in my pantry w labels....on the far right shelf, away from food items...

I have a desk as part of my cabinet space...thats where I do my nails, all the time because I have a tv there...I never use my sit down vanity when doing my nails. Frustrated no more!

It a good tip even if you find space in a cabinet & do your nails at

the Kitchen table. I got my good friend & Mom onto this tip and they love it.

Ladies, Please share your out of the box beauty tips.

Honored Contributor

Re: Thinking Out of the Box Beauty Tip!

I put plain witch hazel in a misting spray bottle and use it as an antistatic spray for fly-away hair and static clothing. I no longer buy the brand Static Guard spray. Saves money.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kabella,    Hi Kabella,  I first have to say that this forum is not as much fun as it use to be.  I have all my nail polishes organized in a drawer.  All my makeup is in a plastic 3 drawer container which I keep in my linen closet.   It measures about 10-1/2 x 10=1/2 and I bought it at WalmartThe first drawer is tinted moisturizer, powder, blush, concealer; 2nd drawer mascara, eyelash curlers, eye shadows, eye liners, lipsticks.  3rd drawer is for brushes, bobbipins, and perfume samples.  The drawers really hold a lot but I recently cleaned out some lipsticks that were 2 or 3 years old and purchased a few new shades.

This has nothing to do with the subject but I purchased an electric essential oil mister.  I don't know what else to call it.  But you put some water and a few drops of essential oils in the container.  Turn on and it blow this mist in the air and you don't hear a thing.  It also changes colors if you want or you can leave it on your color choice.  I had no idea it did this but I like it.  I was still burning oils with tea lamps and a holder.  Have a great 4th of July!   HeartCat Happy  P.S.  The oils, depending on what you use, can make you feel good and lift your spirits.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

For bottles that dispense too much product in one pump, I like to tie a rubber band around the "neck", as many times as it takes, to limit how low the pump can go, until I get the desired amount of product.

I have a mini rollerball perfume bottle which I use to refill all the tiny dabber perfume samples I get from Sephora.

That's all I can think of for now. 

Trusted Contributor

Image result for protocol travel bag

I have this travel tote to keep everything I need to do my nails. I do change out nail polish colors for summer and winter. I don't like to keep polish or makeup in the bathroom.

Esteemed Contributor

This is beauty related but in a different way. I have taken an acrylic nail polish organizer and used it to put the smaller spools of thread in each slot. The organizer sits on top of acrylic drawers that hold other sewing supplies. I thought of this when my husband broke and cracked the lid of a sewing bobbin box that was see through. I had to replace the bobbin box with something and an extra empty nail polish organizer that I bought at Walmart Canada fit the bill.

Respected Contributor

DIY in between colors eyeshadow brush cleaner.  I put a hair donut in a pencil holder and use it to brush off eyeshadow colors if I am using the same brush.  Works perfectly.  I will look for a smaller tin if I think about it next time I am out. Stores sell these type cleaners for 20 bucks or so.  I found the hair donut at the dollar store and I already had the pencil holder.  

I have plenty of brushes but don't always remember what brush I used with what color so this comes in handy and is quick. 

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 Hi & happy 4th! Yep Kat, not as much fun. Your organization is a good one that suits your needs.

The Mister is called a Diffuser. I am glad your enjoying it. I love them! Yes for uplifting & some oils are also good for congestion from colds, I put a small one by my end table near my bed. One of my favorites for scent is Lavender Oil.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella,  I went completely brain dead and could not think of diffuser.  This getting old is for the birds!  I have to get to the fireworks tonight even if I only see a few!  

kindness is strength