Honored Contributor

Think I Finally Found A Mascara

Mally's mascara didn't do it for me, neither did Laura Geller's. I went to the store for Maybelline Great Lash and there were So many varieties it was just "pick a number" for the amount of magnification.

Today, I have lashes! Well, some!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Think I Finally Found A Mascara

@ECBG-----what is the magic number or word?  I have all of maybe 2 or 3. TIA------------tedEbear

Respected Contributor

@tedEbear I've been on the search for a good mascara also. Spent too money on Mally, It, & other QVC products. I thought my latest great find was Maybelline, but it's "Essence" Lash Princess. Very reasonable priced. I couldn't believe how good this mascara is. I'm 65 & don't have the best lashes, but this is definitely worth a try for you. 

Trusted Contributor

@TX-starlight----Thank You, I will give it a try-------tedEbear

Honored Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

@ECBG-----what is the magic number or word?  I have all of maybe 2 or 3. TIA------------tedEbear

@tedEbearI did Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal 12 times and got a little presence.  

The only mascara that ever blew it out of the water was Younique that have the fibers.  I kept geting a fiber on my eye or under my contact, and I was done at that point!

Image result for maybelline 12 x the lash mascara

Honored Contributor

Maybelline's Great Lash is the one I use for my first coat.  I don't like many drugstore cosmetics but Maybelline mascaras are usually really great!  I have to apply many coats of mascara on my sparse lashes so I use several different kinds daily but without that first coat of Great Lash they clump and look too short. 

Contributor

I too, have tried about every mascara on the market.....the BEST one I have found is 

Thrive mascara....it can only be purchased on line....I am using several items from this line & they are all exceptional!  There is NO fall off or black eye look from this brand....it makes your eyelashes look so full, no matter how many you have!   It coats each lash with a tube like of mascara, plus it washes off very easily...I always use Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple.   Give it a try, you won’t be sorry!   ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

I am a devotee of Great Lash, original washable formula, in the pink tube with the green lid.  I like the dark brown and the royal blue.  I have used it since HS.  I've tried others.

My lashes are not great, but I have yet to see a big difference in the pricier ones.  Much of it has to do with my eye and facial shape.

I learned to wear washable mascara, because of jobs I have held that make me sweat - the oil in the sweat caused the "waterproof" types to come off more easily.  Water soluble stays on better for me, and is much easier to take off.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I've been using the Essence Lash Princess mascara too and really like it. I recently purchased their lash primer to try also to see if it gives me even more volume. I just got it a day or two ago and haven't tried it out yet. I'm hoping it works, I have really sparse lashes too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook -- instead of wearing several coats of different mascaras, have you tried using a mascara primer as your first coat?  I recommend L'oreal's Lash Primer in the white tube, but there are many other brands out there. I've also used Tarte's lash primer, but like the L'oreal better. 

I may have to try Maybelline Great Lash again -- I keep seeing recommendations for it here.  I haven't used it in years.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt