Honored Contributor

Re: Things in beauty that BORE ME

@fairydogmother wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@Chi-town girl: I always thought those were just opinions. 

Lol @Group 5 minus 1 - it depends on the tone of the post and if there is a pattern of it done in a manner that is intended to bash, insult and demean others. 

Some posters have a pattern of doing it in a condescending, insulting and mean spirited manner. IMO, this is not 'just an opinion'

You mean like posters who say they don't have any of the beauty issues? 🤔🙄😂

Well @fairydogmother - it depends on the tone and how it's stated. We all don't have the same challenges, issues, goals,

But, yes, I agree with you. When someone starts a thread asking for product recommendations for frizzy hair and someone posts in a condescending bragging manner that they have luscious hair, what's the point? The OP is asking for help with her challenges

Or if a poster starts a thread to discuss mascara recommendations, and a poster jumps on to brag that she doesn't need mascara bc she has full and dark lashes, what's the point? In this case, this poster repeatedly does this on the beauty forum to stroke her fragile ego 😜 it's so BORING and a big TURN-OFF! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

What I find BORING in Beauty...

1. These types of complaint threads
  2. Host bashing and complaining threads/posts
  3. Vendor bashing/complaint threads
  4. Self proclaimed 'experts' that repeatedly diss on others choices 
  5. Ego driven threads that bash a brand/product in order to stroke the OP or her preferences 
  6. Posters that are on tight budgets or choose to limit spending on Beauty that repeatedly bash other posters that shop higher priced products

I get what you're saying. While people are entitled to their opinions and post them here, what I don't understand is all the complaining about the beauty shows and what a bore they are----but yet still keep watching!  If you're that annoyed with what's on, why watch?  

@KKJ - yes! There are some posters that seemingly choose to watch Q 24/7 and repeatedly start threads to complain about the presentations, hosts, vendors...on and on and on. Turn it off or watch something else.

Or to bash host A, but they love host S and have the gall to tell posters to not bash hosts, lol. 

🤪😝🙃

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Not boring, but annoying: posters who question or complain about others spending habits. If someone wants to spend money on high end products, it's no one else's business. There were remarks about  a certain person maybe having unlimited finds: why should others care how she spends her money? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

Most of it...do not routinely watch beauty programs...

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Body creams AND Shampoo and Conditioner

Just can not get excited about them at all.

Who needs gallons of these SERIOUSLY?

So, WHAT BORES YOU IN BEAUTY?

If I am in need of certain beauty items then I am not bored at all!  If I have products that I love then I usually change the channel. 

I like good demo's of makeup application....but I admit that I usually can't make it work for me LOL!  

I am enjoying these last few days on Q....just as back ground even.  It motivated me to go thur all the products I have in drawers and cabinets.  I tossed some and began this morning using the others I forgot I had.  What I realized is presently I don't really need anything.  

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

What I find BORING in Beauty...

1. These types of complaint threads
  2. Host bashing and complaining threads/posts
  3. Vendor bashing/complaint threads
  4. Self proclaimed 'experts' that repeatedly diss on others choices 
  5. Ego driven threads that bash a brand/product in order to stroke the OP or her preferences 
  6. Posters that are on tight budgets or choose to limit spending on Beauty that repeatedly bash other posters that shop higher priced products

@Chi-town girl 

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I do not like the suds demonstrations.  A bowl of water & product to make suds then the vendor sticks their hands in the suds and plays with it like a child.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I get bored waiting to see a product applied or demonstrated but models come out all made up and finished and pretend to apply eyeliner on top of eyeliner etc. I suppose it is to save time? I get bored seeing  too many young models as can't picture what it might look on or do for me? It used to be worse and older models were never used.

I also get bored seeing those windows open and shut  all day long touting the so called dramatic changes. Then the sponges,   covered screen and water, painting, and balloon gimmicks. Haven't seen those lately?

Honored Contributor

Nothing about makeup and skincare bore me.  I don't look at things I'm not interested in.

Honored Contributor

So it seems this is mostly geared to watching QVC.  I'll clarify.  I don't watch the Q anymore.  It's been decades.  But, I don't watch YT channels/topics I'm not interested in so beauty never bores me.