Honored Contributor

Re: Things in beauty that BORE ME

@SurferWife wrote:

I'm loving the beauty weekend.  We haven't had a day dedicated to beauty in along time.

@SurferWife - me too! And I'm happy they decided to schedule it to include the weekend! I get to relax and watch some of the live shows 😁

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

What I find BORING in Beauty...

1. These types of complaint threads
  2. Host bashing and complaining threads/posts
  3. Vendor bashing/complaint threads
  4. Self proclaimed 'experts' that repeatedly diss on others choices 
  5. Ego driven threads that bash a brand/product in order to stroke the OP or her preferences 
  6. Posters that are on tight budgets or choose to limit spending on Beauty that repeatedly bash other posters that shop higher priced products

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl: I always thought those were just opinions. 

Valued Contributor

I like most of the shows.  (Still wear make-up, and use wrinkle cream at 68).

I do not like it when the hosts are pushing mascara, and they

are wearing false eyelashes.

How ridiculous is that?

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Lol @Group 5 minus 1 - it depends on the tone of the post and if there is a pattern of it done in a manner that is intended to bash, insult and demean others. 

Some posters have a pattern of doing it in a condescending, insulting and mean spirited manner. IMO, this is not 'just an opinion'

Honored Contributor

They all have their "stories," none of which I believe.

So what bores me? Anything I'm not interested in!

I love all beauty, but I have no time for expensive items that claim to make a huge difference in your skin.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

What I find BORING in Beauty...

1. These types of complaint threads
  2. Host bashing and complaining threads/posts
  3. Vendor bashing/complaint threads
  4. Self proclaimed 'experts' that repeatedly diss on others choices 
  5. Ego driven threads that bash a brand/product in order to stroke the OP or her preferences 
  6. Posters that are on tight budgets or choose to limit spending on Beauty that repeatedly bash other posters that shop higher priced products

I get what you're saying. While people are entitled to their opinions and post them here, what I don't understand is all the complaining about the beauty shows and what a bore they are----but yet still keep watching!  If you're that annoyed with what's on, why watch?  

Respected Contributor

Caught a minute of the Tweakd presentation (surfing to other channels) and was morbidly fascinated by the HUGE HAIR! Pretty sure I laughed out loud. Who wears their hair like that? 😬

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

And to answer the original question- models rubbing lotions or creams on themselves. Haha. Over and over. That is so weird. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Lol @Group 5 minus 1 - it depends on the tone of the post and if there is a pattern of it done in a manner that is intended to bash, insult and demean others. 

Some posters have a pattern of doing it in a condescending, insulting and mean spirited manner. IMO, this is not 'just an opinion'

You mean like posters who say they don't have any of the beauty issues? 🤔🙄😂

Harmonize the World