Respected Contributor

Re: Things in beauty that BORE ME

More of an annoyance than a bore - a channel changer for me.  

When the hosts/models act like they're putting makeup on but the brush is dry. So ridiculous. One of the main reasons why I didn't order the LG TSV. Show me the product in action!

Honored Contributor

big yawn fest for me too--nothing new and all over hyped as usual-

Respected Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

I think the claims bother me the most. I can never watch Mally for a number of reasons but when she puts her bulletproof eyeliner on the back of her hand then quickly rubs over it to show it doesn't come off puts me over the edge. Her skin is not even moving, just the hand she's supposedly rubbing over the liner. I have tried her eyeliner and although I don't understand the bulletproof claim, it was completely gone from where it was supposed to be in the first hour. I use primer and allow the liner to dry before moving my eyelids. I have old eyes so that may be the problem but I can't think it would rub off from my hands, too.

Lolol...yessss! 🙌 Me too. I mean....for yearssss they've insulted our intelligence with that schtick. I use Mally eyeliners, I do like them, and they stay on me. What I liked is the color selection, the smooth application they have on me, as well as staying power. I've just had luck with them. I've also had them for years and they don't dry out and get non-useable as others I've had have.

BUT do not with the hand hovering over the other hand as she fake "rubs it off" quickly. Has anyone EVER believed she was really touching her other hand?! 😜

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@justashopper wrote:

I agree with everything everyone said!  But good lord, the bubbles with the body wash... every body wash or soap does that.  IT'S SOAP.

I was excited for the beauty days but haven't bought one thing.  same old same old... And these giant containers. The super sizes actually stop me from purchasing!  I get sick of the stuff before I use it. 

The super-sizes are a deal breaker for me as well.

Not just tiring of the product before using it up, (I mean, a 32 oz Philosophy shower gel takes me a while to use up...NO ONE imho needs a 64 oz of anything!), but that's just them getting rid of too much product left over. I'm always skeptical it's old product because of that too.

I don't like super-size, and I hate that Q almost always, not just in makeup either, but in gadgets too...has "sets of two!" I also suspect it's to dump accumulated, unsold stock. Only time that used to work for me is when my mom was still alive...we'd share things like that.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the OP. Body lotions and creams are a snooze for me. Also, mascara presentations on a woman who already has monstrously long lashes. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm bored to death with multiple shows of the same vendor.  Do we really need 4 hours of Tweak'd, JM, Wen, Philosophy, Calista ect.  There are so many beauty brands out there and they repeat the same ones over and over.  I usually only watch if certain brands are on to see a demonstration.  If I think I may like it I try to find it on another website that has sales and free shipping. (Yes, today is free shipping)

I really miss the old days of the Q when they presented an item, even a TSV, for a short amount of time and moved on.  Now the shows are just infomercials. 

Trusted Contributor

@amyb wrote:

Totally bored by the "All Beauty, All Day" days. I miss AM style this morning...although, truth be told I'm not buying much QVC fashion either lately. Not buying a whole lot in general, but when I have it's been Grace and Lace, HSN (DG2 denim) and perusing other sites for better deals too. Sorry Q. (kinda not sorry)

As for beauty that bores...

omg...I haaaate when we see 20 minutes of 3 models and Josie rubbing and rubbing and rubbing themselves. ugh.

Wen presentations

Calista..I think her stuff is overrated and things you can find better for less elsewhere.

(I miss Nick Chavez! I liked his products...I wonder why they've phased him out.)

Honestly...all of it. I like beauty products, I use many, I've bought many on Q, but I have all I need. I'm just not that gal who needs new beauty products every week!  A whole two days of it is 🥱

I was going to say the same thing, love beauty products, but when I find things that work, I'm not about experimenting with a bunch of new items and wasting money.  When I was younger I did that a lot, just can't be bothered anymore.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Trusted Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@Carolina925 wrote:

I think the claims bother me the most. I can never watch Mally for a number of reasons but when she puts her bulletproof eyeliner on the back of her hand then quickly rubs over it to show it doesn't come off puts me over the edge. Her skin is not even moving, just the hand she's supposedly rubbing over the liner. I have tried her eyeliner and although I don't understand the bulletproof claim, it was completely gone from where it was supposed to be in the first hour. I use primer and allow the liner to dry before moving my eyelids. I have old eyes so that may be the problem but I can't think it would rub off from my hands, too.

Lolol...yessss! 🙌 Me too. I mean....for yearssss they've insulted our intelligence with that schtick. I use Mally eyeliners, I do like them, and they stay on me. What I liked is the color selection, the smooth application they have on me, as well as staying power. I've just had luck with them. I've also had them for years and they don't dry out and get non-useable as others I've had have.

BUT do not with the hand hovering over the other hand as she fake "rubs it off" quickly. Has anyone EVER believed she was really touching her other hand?! 😜

Kind of like the bra presentations, the before bra is always lumpy and bumpy and was obviously made to look really bad...beyond ridiculous.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

I actually enjoy the beauty shows but then I've always loved beauty products and skincare.  IMO it sure beats all the pajamas, loungewear and vacuum shows, but that's just me.

Occasional Contributor

Josie Maran- 😩 I can't stand to watch her grease herself. Those presentations drive me nuts. Can't turn the channel fast enough.