Honored Contributor

Things in beauty that BORE ME

Body creams AND Shampoo and Conditioner

Just can not get excited about them at all.

Who needs gallons of these SERIOUSLY?

So, WHAT BORES YOU IN BEAUTY?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Things in beauty that BORE ME

Mascara presentations. 
When they slather lotion all over. 
When they put the colors on back of the hand. 
When they suds up the body wash, who uses that much???

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

Mascara presentations. 
When they slather lotion all over. 
When they put the colors on back of the hand. 
When they suds up the body wash, who uses that much???

@godi  Oh yes! Those suds! is so drying to the skin...it is the worst things! Laural sulfates....., yet they act like all the suds are SO GOOD😄 

Esteemed Contributor

Foundations, mascaras, JM, Calista, Dyson.....there are a whole lot more I just don't pay attention to.

Respected Contributor

Totally bored by the "All Beauty, All Day" days. I miss AM style this morning...although, truth be told I'm not buying much QVC fashion either lately. Not buying a whole lot in general, but when I have it's been Grace and Lace, HSN (DG2 denim) and perusing other sites for better deals too. Sorry Q. (kinda not sorry)

As for beauty that bores...

omg...I haaaate when we see 20 minutes of 3 models and Josie rubbing and rubbing and rubbing themselves. ugh.

Wen presentations

Calista..I think her stuff is overrated and things you can find better for less elsewhere.

(I miss Nick Chavez! I liked his products...I wonder why they've phased him out.)

Honestly...all of it. I like beauty products, I use many, I've bought many on Q, but I have all I need. I'm just not that gal who needs new beauty products every week!  A whole two days of it is 🥱

Honored Contributor

Having worked in R and D in the personal care industry they all bore me.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It's not the products that necessarily put me into the fog, it's the presentation. 

WEN and Philosophy come to mind. Yawn. Never watch and subsequently, I don't use them.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I think the claims bother me the most. I can never watch Mally for a number of reasons but when she puts her bulletproof eyeliner on the back of her hand then quickly rubs over it to show it doesn't come off puts me over the edge. Her skin is not even moving, just the hand she's supposedly rubbing over the liner. I have tried her eyeliner and although I don't understand the bulletproof claim, it was completely gone from where it was supposed to be in the first hour. I use primer and allow the liner to dry before moving my eyelids. I have old eyes so that may be the problem but I can't think it would rub off from my hands, too.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how some afford to buy all the things they buy.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I agree with everything everyone said!  But good lord, the bubbles with the body wash... every body wash or soap does that.  IT'S SOAP.

I was excited for the beauty days but haven't bought one thing.  same old same old... And these giant containers. The super sizes actually stop me from purchasing!  I get sick of the stuff before I use it.