Super Contributor

Things I Desperately Need to Function: Snow Angel

Hi all!

I've never posted on the Philosophy forum, but I'm all over the other QVC beauty forums!

Am I alone in this or is anyone else pining for the re-release of Snow Angel in super sizes?

Snow Angel is the best thing since sliced bread to me fragrance-wise and I have this thought that if we "bully" Philosophy enough with how many of us love it they'll make it available in bigger sizes {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Re: Things I Desperately Need to Function: Snow Angel

Please do your best to describe this scent to me! Being a born and bred Floridian, I have never smelled snow before - so most descriptions of this scent are meaningless to me. Can you try to describe this scent without falling back on the old stand-by of "freshly fallen snow"?

Super Contributor

I was born in Holland but I live in Colorado, and I also have never smelled snow before {#emotions_dlg.lol}

This scent is really difficult to describe - if I had to guess at the notes, I definitely pick up honeysuckle, lavender, and lily of the valley.

That seems like a weird combination but SA is the freshest, most comforting scent I think I've ever smelled.

Super Contributor

On 9/7/2014 ryleighbell94 said:

I was born in Holland but I live in Colorado, and I also have never smelled snow before {#emotions_dlg.lol}

This scent is really difficult to describe - if I had to guess at the notes, I definitely pick up honeysuckle, lavender, and lily of the valley.

That seems like a weird combination but SA is the freshest, most comforting scent I think I've ever smelled.

LOL! So, there's no snow in Denver? I've never been there, but I always imagined Denver to be covered in snow during the winter.

Your description sounds lovely and soft. Snow Angel is one of those scents that I've always been interested in, but haven't taken the plunge yet. And I've never seen it anywhere (TJMaxx, Marshall's, etc.) to give it a sniff test.

Super Contributor

On 9/7/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 9/7/2014 ryleighbell94 said:

LOL! So, there's no snow in Denver? I've never been there, but I always imagined Denver to be covered in snow during the winter.

Your description sounds lovely and soft. Snow Angel is one of those scents that I've always been interested in, but haven't taken the plunge yet. And I've never seen it anywhere (TJMaxx, Marshall's, etc.) to give it a sniff test.

There's a ton of snow here in the winter and spring - we're actually gearing up for a brutal winter because of Il Nino!

Macy's has it now for like $17 for the 16oz. 3-in-1, definitely check it out, it's fantastic and such a great scent for brisk days.

Occasional Contributor

SNOW ANGEL HAS A PRETTY SCENT BUT, NOT OVER BEARING.  PEOPLE HAVE COMMENTED TO ME "YOU SMELL SO GOOD" WHEN I HAVE USED THIS SCENT AND I WISH PHILOSOPHY WOULD CARRY IT IN THE LINE MORE AND IN LARGER SIZES.  I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT OFFERED ALL WINTER LONG AND NOT JUST FOR "CHRISTMAS IN JULY SHOWS"   I LOVE THE GLAZED BODY SOUFFLE IN THIS SCENT, ALSO BUT, I CAN ONLY FIND IT IN THE 4 OZ SIZE.  Smiley Sad   

Respected Contributor

I have a set of Snow Angel in my stash which I received as a gift a couple of years ago.  Maybe I should pull it out this winter and give it a try!

Esteemed Contributor

Colonel Meow....there is no "smell" to snow at all. I've lived in the upper midwest my entire life and in my 69 years, have never noticed any odor! It can be beautiful when it first falls, but lucky you to have never had to deal with the stuff!

Super Contributor

@Jannabelle wrote:

Colonel Meow....there is no "smell" to snow at all. I've lived in the upper midwest my entire life and in my 69 years, have never noticed any odor! It can be beautiful when it first falls, but lucky you to have never had to deal with the stuff!

Lol. I live in New Hampshire.

There is absolutely no "smell" [or taste] to snow. Freshly fallen or on the ground for hours. Hyperbole for selling purposes only.

It is beautiful when it sparkles like diamonds & there is nothing like a walk in the woods when snow is falling.

Now, when you've shoveled for a couple of hours, there is a smell associated with snow, but it's not the snow Cat Wink