Super Contributor

Re: They changed my favorite hairspray and can't find an alternative!

Elnett from L'oreal has been around forever and works great for me. My husband and sons are still using up all of the hair sprays I tried before falling in love with Elnett.
Trusted Contributor

On 8/26/2014 MsTrixi said: Elnett from L'oreal has been around forever and works great for me. My husband and sons are still using up all of the hair sprays I tried before falling in love with Elnett.

I second this. I just tried Elnett a few weeks ago and it works well. I was having the problem with sprays making my hair feel greasy quickly. This does not do that and I find it holds well. You can find it at Walmart or drug stores.

Trusted Contributor

The same thing happened to me like three years ago, and I couldn't find any other acceptable brand of hairspray that I liked. What I did was search on-line and found various people selling new cans of the old product hairspray, so I stocked up. I'm still using it, and buying it on-line. One of these days I'm sure these people will run out of it, but til then... I'm sticking with the old product.

Valued Contributor

On 8/27/2014 daisyk said:
On 8/26/2014 MsTrixi said: Elnett from L'oreal has been around forever and works great for me. My husband and sons are still using up all of the hair sprays I tried before falling in love with Elnett.

I second this. I just tried Elnett a few weeks ago and it works well. I was having the problem with sprays making my hair feel greasy quickly. This does not do that and I find it holds well. You can find it at Walmart or drug stores.

I will "third" that ! It is a little pricey, however, you only need a little (I buy the Extra Hold For Color Treated Hair with UV Filter) and it never makes hair stiff, doesn't cause my hair to deflate and holds the hair where you spray all day. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

When a product is discontinued go to Ebay and stock up. My personal favorite was Michael di Cesare, also his LiquiFix Mousse. I bought a bunch a couple years ago and have about one year's supply left.

Frequent Contributor

Elnett is the best I've found. It is a ""dry"" hairspray with a fine mist. It won't give you that awful shiny wet look or leave droplets. It also won't weigh hair down. I buy the Unscented version.
Super Contributor

I, too, like the Elnett. I just bought the version for color-treated hair and OMG does it stink!! It smells like a men's aftershave....horrendous. While I love the hold I cannot tolerate the stench of this. I no longer have the receipt so I'll be giving it away. It's a shame. I thought the UV filter would work well but I will always, always choose the unscented version of anything from now on!!!

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Elnett :-)