Esteemed Contributor

Re: The use of topical niacinamide is news to me. Have you tried it? What were your results?

[ Edited ]

I first read about Niacidamides in WebMD magazine a few years back.  I've used CeraVe consistently because it's recommended by WebMD for it's combination of Ceramides and Niacidamides. My skin texture has improved.   Was it the Niacidamides?????  who knows.

This from CeraVe's website:

"Topically applying niacinamide can have many benefits to the skin including helping to strengthen the skin’s moisture barrier, which can help reduce moisture loss and dehydration. This B vitamin is also known to help reduce the visible effects of environmental damage, so skin appears healthier and more radiant."

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: The use of topical niacinamide is news to me. Have you tried it? What were your results?

Supposed to be good for lightening age spots and hyperpigmentation. A good one to try is Isomers Retinacin. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I haven't used this product but it's received great reviews online. The brand name is Good Molecules and the product is Niacinamide Brightening toner. Many with acne discoloration and redness say it's evened out their skin tone and faded acne marks quickly. The prices are reasonable like The Ordinary. Here are the ingredients...

Niacinamide Brightening Toner

Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Betaine, Arbutin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Extract, Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract, Rehmannia Glutinosa Root
Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Polyacrylate,
Carbomer, Tromethamine, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Dextrin

Honored Contributor

I tried a Paula’s Choice niancinamide product and had to stop using it due to irritation. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Mindy D   https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/niacinamide#benefits

@Icegoddess @Thank you. I did read this article after I posted. I followed up,doing more research on my own, plus the responses here. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Mindy D   https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/niacinamide#benefits

@Icegoddess @Thank you. I did read this article after I posted. I followed up,doing more research on my own, plus the responses here. 

@Mindy D I just stole the link from another thread about the same subject.

Frequent Contributor

I use The Ordinary brand and have had good results.  I found wearing a mask was really making my skin breakout and I heard Niacinamide helped with this issue.  I've been using it for 3 weeks now, wearing the mask as I was previously and I have had no breakouts at all.  

Esteemed Contributor

When I started using The Ordinary's niacinamide and zinc serum, I noticed I stopped getting little closed comedones between my nose and mouth, and on my chin.  I stopped using it for awhile and they came back.  I went back to using it and they are gone again.  So I'm convinced it's a worthwhile step in my skincare routine.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Frequent Contributor

I won't go without this now.  I'm 56 and even before Covid had way too many breakouts.  I guess one good thing came out horror show virus!