New Contributor

I bought this tool because I was unable to find a less costly curling iron with "teeth" on the barrel. Love that feature. Well after 14 months, I t won't turn on.  QVC' s 30 day return policy won't apply obviously, so customer svc gave phone # to Calista customer svc. I waisted my time as they want $19.99 for shipping to replace plus my cost to return. I spoke to 3 levels of reps, including "corporate", the end of the line she told me. They repeat standard I'm sorry, I understand, but that's the policy like it or not. I am very disappointed with it dying so soon after purchase but more disappointed with the attitude of the company. Read the warranty I was told. It is only warranted for 60 days. We as consumers, expect more service and usually get more time, but to be told 60 days is all they stand behind, read your warranty, really soured me toward their products, especially for the overly priced tool. My drugstore curling lasted longer and that's where I will shop for styling tools henceforth. 

New Contributor

I agree. Mine quit working after 14 months. They will replace for $19.99 plus my cost to send broken one. Warranty is only for 60 days. I was instructed to read the warranty by corporarate rep. Rather rude I'd say. I'll get another from Wal-Mart for less, will work longer and curl my hair just as well. 

Honored Contributor

I own this tool, made by Instyler, and it's a dupe for the Calista Perfector. The Instyler comes in only one size...1-1/4 inch and it has a HI-LO heat setting rather than a digital one. I bought it before buying the larger Calista (1-1/2 inch) and honestly can't say that either one works better than the other. I've been using the Instyler for a few years now, no problems.

InStyler Ionic Ceramic Hot Brush Styler - $40

71VIs38VAsL._SX522_.jpg