Honored Contributor

Tried the 1/2 barrel on my short hair with NO luck, I think I will use my curling iron. I feel duped by this brand yet again

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: The recent Calista TSV

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox  and I never have figured out how to use any size curling iron without getting a bend where I don't want one.  Tossed my last one into the thrift bag recently.

I would like to try the mini tool that was in the TSV, but I don't need another larger one of any size.  I have 2 -  one's too big for anything except gentle brushing which does help smooth and shine my hair, the next small size gives me that and some lift.

The one Calista product I returned -  hot rollers, maybe the first iteration of them.  Bought a small batch of velcro rollers for $4 -  they do better, just not as fast as any heated.  Still - not buying new.

(Some day I'll remember to proofread before hitting enter!)

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox  Can I ask a question? You commented that you have been duped before. What is it about her presentations that cause you to hit the 'buy' button. I, like you, have not been pleased with the products. I no longer watch any of her presentations.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Deanie 

As I started to curl my hair I had a faint memory of trying this before and then I remembered that I had tried the same thing last time it was a TSV and was as unsuccessful that time as this time

@Deanie wrote:

@I am still oxox  Can I ask a question? You commented that you have been duped before. What is it about her presentations that cause you to hit the 'buy' button. I, like you, have not been pleased with the products. I no longer watch any of her presentations.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox    You purchased the item but it doesn't work for you.  Return it and learn from your experience.  We have all been in your shoes.

Valued Contributor

I tried the calista thing a while back, didn't work, sent it back. I ended up purchasing the same type of thing on Amazon for at least 1/2 the cost and it works much better. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got my Perfector at least 3 years ago and it's still going strong. I think it's the 3/4 inch barrel and my hair is pretty short. I probably use it at least 4 or 5 days a week and I've never been unhappy with it but if it bites the dust I'll replace it with one Revlon makes because it has excellent reviews and mostly because it costs much less than the Perfector.

Esteemed Contributor

Those before and after shots are so fake.  Model has freshly washed hair - even I get more bounce with clean hair - then a 'set' or 'style' has been baked in before hitting the studio chair.  I will never again buy-try one of those brush and style jobs.  Not "C's" but experienced a tangled MESS - almost lost a lot of hair.

Regular Contributor

I ordered it, received it and have tried it twice.  I am underwhelmed.  My hair looks nothing like the models.  My old Wal-Mart curling iron does just as well.  Gonna send it back Monday.

Esteemed Contributor

I have tried her products before & nothing works like it is demonstrated on TV ... WASTE OF MONEY!!!