Honored Contributor

be careful if you have longish hair.I got mine stuck in my hair snd had to get it cut out.I now have to wear my hair braided to hide the short chunk on the left side.I loved the product but after that it had to be thrown out because I am not sure that it couldn't happen again.

Valued Contributor

I have long hair and when I use the Perfector I make sure to use small sections and roll slower. It's never caught in my hair. Sorry that happened to you. 

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

be careful if you have longish hair.I got mine stuck in my hair snd had to get it cut out.I now have to wear my hair braided to hide the short chunk on the left side.I loved the product but after that it had to be thrown out because I am not sure that it couldn't happen again.

Sorry that happened to you. It got caught in my medium length hair at the nape of the neck. I had to call my husband to help me get it out. It does give a lot of body to the hair but I am not so sure it wasn't just another gimmick I bought into. I haven't used it since.

Honored Contributor

Re: The perfecter

[ Edited ]

I learned early on with the Perfecter that you can't take a section of hair and roll the Perfecter from the ends to the scalp.  It's never shown that way on the demos with longer haired models and we're asking for trouble if we try it.  I tried it once and had to call DH to come and help me.  Since then, I concentrate on what I'm doing and cannot multitask or allow myself to get distracted by anything when I'm using it - no turning my head, bending to pick something up, nothing.  I like the Perfecter, but when you take your eyes off what you're doing, that's when the tangling can happen too.  

Lately, when it's not humid and I want a full head of curls, I'm having more success using self gripping rollers on damp-dry hair, using a little styling spray, and then hitting them with the blow dryer.  I then allow them to cool while doing makeup, making the bed, whatever, and then unrolling the curlers one by one and finger combing/fluffing my hair.

Respected Contributor

I love my Perfecter. Great for 2nd day hair. My hair is fine, thick and has many layers cut into it. Just about 4 inches past my shoulders. Never had any tangling with it at all. I can see where it could happen, even the instruction book tells you to unplug immediately if it does.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

My hair is long, down to the shoulder blades. I use the 1.5 inch brush for straightening and smoothing with a slight flip on the ends. Never got tangled in my hair because I never roll my hair completely around the brush. If this ever happened I would use a pick-style comb to work the hair out of the brush.

Honored Contributor
WOW!! Thanks for sharing.
Honored Contributor

I remember back when I was in high school, I had a curling brush that spun as you used it.  I got that all tangled in my hair.  My mom spent over an hour getting my hair untangled out of it.  At one point, as I was bawling, I told her just to cut it.  LOL  But she got it out.   

Super Contributor

I have shoulder length hair and use the 1.5 size and leave about 2 inches when I am curling under towards my scalp.