Super Contributor

Re: The new It Cosmetics CC+Veil Beauty Fluid Foundation SPF 50 :)

On 5/27/2014 Irishrose136 said:

Jamie certainly loves silicones and herbal extracts......to the extreme. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Before IT arrived full force on the Q, I got interested in Jamie's products and bought most of them on her website. I'm a "brush snob" and paid waaay too much for a lot of her individual brushes. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

The IT came to the Q and brushes were included and the prices dropped. I felt like I got s*c*r*e*w*e*d. I'm waiting until the new foundation arrives on the Q and is demonstrated. Plus they will most likely include another brush. Despite the fact that I tend to despise Jamie's choice of ingredients, I just might try it.

ETA: Looking at the ingredient deck, I "feel" like Jamie combined her H2O Foundation and her Feel The Moment Primer - which is pumped full of herbal extracts and has this thick, viscous consistency.

Have you tried Wayne Goss's brushes, IR136? Tarababyz (one of my fave new vloggers) said she likes them better than Chikuhodo (or at least comparable).

Do you just want to shoot me? :-)

Super Contributor

I actually came across this foundation on ebay last Saturday (unfortunately, it wasn't my shade) and when I Googled it, nothing showed up! Then, the next day (5/25), it was on their website; I ordered it immediately. It shipped today. Someone asked on their Facebook page what the difference is between this foundation and their CC+ cream, and It responded that it provides a more lightweight coverage, perfect for summer. I'm very excited to try it! It's on the expensive side for the amount you get, but I used a 15% off coupon code that I was given after my last It purchase; that brought it down from $38 to $32 and change, but with free shipping starting at $25, I'm not complaining. Most places offer that at $50. I hope It doesn't change that! I was hoping for an SPF foundation from them in a compact and they delivered (though I was thinking more along the lines of a powder)! Hopefully I'll love it as much as the CC+ cream. I'll have to be on the lookout for this foundation as a set with a brush if they bring it to QVC!
Super Contributor

On 5/27/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Jamie certainly loves silicones and herbal extracts......to the extreme. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Before IT arrived full force on the Q, I got interested in Jamie's products and bought most of them on her website. I'm a "brush snob" and paid waaay too much for a lot of her individual brushes. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

The IT came to the Q and brushes were included and the prices dropped. I felt like I got s*c*r*e*w*e*d. I'm waiting until the new foundation arrives on the Q and is demonstrated. Plus they will most likely include another brush. Despite the fact that I tend to despise Jamie's choice of ingredients, I just might try it.

ETA: Looking at the ingredient deck, I "feel" like Jamie combined her H2O Foundation and her Feel The Moment Primer - which is pumped full of herbal extracts and has this thick, viscous consistency.

Have you tried Wayne Goss's brushes, IR136? Tarababyz (one of my fave new vloggers) said she likes them better than Chikuhodo (or at least comparable).

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor

While not as chi-chi as this CC cream, the Physicians formula CC SPF 30 cream is greatl! Non chemical sunscreen, and skincare ingedients like vitamin C and Renovage. Under $10 for a bit over 1 oz. on sale. Also has nice coverage and finish and lasts well. I don't mind spending the money for a product if there's nothing comparable, but this PF CC cream is wonderful!

Respected Contributor

Sparkly, please post when you try it, especially about the shade. I do think it's a liquid in a compact though, I was hoping for something easy to take along too.

New Contributor

Anyone tried this yet? Any good?

Super Contributor

On 5/28/2014 Desi said:

Sparkly, please post when you try it, especially about the shade. I do think it's a liquid in a compact though, I was hoping for something easy to take along too.

Will do, Desi. It is indeed a liquid, but I think there's a sponge that has to be pressed on to "release" it. The whole "cushion compact" concept is intriguing, I must say; I hadn't heard of it until I saw this. We'll see how it goes! I'm looking forward to it.

Respected Contributor

On 5/27/2014 MarenSeattle said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Heck NO! Without you, if I'd discovered them at all, I wouldn't have found Ambient Light... which LIGHTS UP MY LIFE.. and substantially lightened my wallet. I couldn't stop at one... and just had to have the brush. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

Thanks Sparkly! You may actually be the first one here to give this a test-drive.

I think one of the newer Tarte liquid foundations had a similar container, but we won't know for sure until someone gets their hands on it. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Feeling a little gloomy yesterday, I almost ordered it from Ulta. If they would stop with the coupon restrictions which drive me nuts, mine would be on the way too. They lost my sale (for now) by making that 3.50 off coupon an exemption.

Honored Contributor

I may try this!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"