Super Contributor

Re: The new IT holiday eye shadow palette review

On 11/5/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 11/5/2014 KippyK3 said:

Thanks so much for posting ladies! I love it too, but haven't ordered yet. Are they truly matte?

With the exception of the one shade that is meant to add a subtle shimmer to the other shades, yes, they are all matte. But their texture is such that I don't feel that they look heavy or dead on the eyes as some mattes might.

Thank you! It's like you read my mind. (Again) Hope have a good night! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 11/5/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 11/5/2014 KippyK3 said:

Thanks so much for posting ladies! I love it too, but haven't ordered yet. Are they truly matte?

Yes, they're set up like last year's version...all matte except for the one you can swipe over the top to add shimmer. That one is different from last year's in that last years was a white/pearl color and this year's is done in an ombre shading so you can have the whitish on on one end and more of a goldish on the other.

Thank you! I think they are really pretty and the option to add some shimmer is nice. I'm going to try it. Hope you have a good night! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Bljed, you really could go with either palette: IMO these are wearable colors by virtually anybody. Poodlepet
Super Contributor

Thanks!

To me, the colors are VERY similar in the pink pallette and the new holiday one.

I think the colors have better color payoff in the old one. The new pallette has colors that are much more sheer, if you like that.

Respected Contributor

If you are going off of pictures, the pictures don't show the true colors whatsoever. The pink palette can be worn year round, but it's more of a spring/ summer. The silver palette is earth toned in browns and tans. Other than "coal" and "noir" which are the same, what colors are you seeing that are repeating ??? Poodlepet
Trusted Contributor

On 11/5/2014 jewelsluvsbeauty said:

If you were to choose one, new one or original one, which one would you choose. Brown hair, brown eyed. thank you

I have brown hair and eyes and just love the new palette. I have last years and most of the trios. The new palette is my favorite. The colors are all very natural looking. The ombre shimmer is great and I love the dark navy for liner. IT eye shadows are the best of any I've used.