Honored Contributor

Does anyone but me notice how Joanne thrusts her tongue?

Respected Contributor

Re: The model Joanne

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch Ugh! Don’t give me another thing about her to be annoyed by!! Lol

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch Ugh! Don’t give me another thing about her to be annoyed by!! Lol

😄

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

No, never seen Joanne do that, but long gone Jamie was a master at it.

I really like Joanne, full of confidence and pizazz!

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@SilleeMee I could be wrong but I don't think that's the model the OP is talking about.  I'll see if I can find her.

@Annabellethecat66that is definitely not Joanne. Joanne is always on Mally's shows as well as It and Bare Escentuals. She's very attractive, and yes I know about her shiny front tooth!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

When she does that it reminds me of “Mr Demille I’m ready for my close up “ 😄

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Is this Joanne? She's got great hair!  ETA--not Joanne.

images.jpg

I believe this woman is Phyllis.

Honored Contributor

@sunala Ever since I read your post to me I've been trying to find the website that posted the pictures and the names of all of the QVC models (young and old).

I haven't been able to find it again.  I deleted it (I clear off everything when I go to bed) last night.

I know absolutely what name was under that lady's name.  It was Joanne something.

I think the other poster is right and the picture some posted is named Phyllis but I'm not sure.

If I am wrong, I admit it.  However, in this case I remember seeing this name (Joanne) under the lady's name.

Now maybe that's not the person the OP is talking about but that lady (who's picture I posted) only does the makeup shows.

I THINK I've seen her do some hair shows, but mostly the makeup shows.  They always do closeups on her.  She does have wrinkles but they only add to her beauty.  In other words she's aged gracefully and is still (without surgery or Botox) very pretty.

Every time I see her I always think the wrinkles wouldn't show up as much if she didn't have on so much liquid and powder makeup.  

Her beauty doesn't need a lot of liquid or powder.  I would think some eye makeup, lipstick and color on her cheeks and she'd be even more beautiful.

But then they are selling liquid makeup and powder, etc.

Personally, I think (as in her case) some women look beautiful when less is better.  In other words they don't need a lot to look good.

I only remember meeting one such woman in person.  It was a few months ago and I sat next to her waiting for a prescription.

We started talking about age and she was in her 80's she said.  My mouth must have been open because she was beautiful.  Did she have some wrinkles, yes.  But she didn't have on a lot of powder and liquid makeup.  Just some eye makeup, color in cheeks and lipstick.

What I would give to look like her at 80.  When she smiled, well...it was like seeing sunshine.

Trusted Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Well.....if you don't watch those shows don't think my tips will help.  Yes, cosmetics only - pure white short hair - kind of brushed back - lots of full hair.  When the camera is on her she throws her head back - give a big smile - has a front tooth ??? that kind- of reflects from studio lights.  Shows age in face wrinkles but pulls it all off being so attractive.  Works for 10 mins and leaves - how much did she just get paid? 

throws her head back and looks up at the ceiling...every time!  i often wonder what she's looking at up there!,

Nothing.  She's trying to be flirty.

Valued Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

She used to model in a catalog called (forgive me) Drapers & D???.  I always admired  a robe she wore  - issue after issue.  D & ? catered to older fashions = that I wasn't interested in.  But that robe floor length was classy - never did order it.

On Q she's used for only a few minutes and wonder why.

I believe it was Draper and Damons - not sure which name was plural. Yes, she is lovely and I agree she would look even younger with less make-up since she is a natural beauty.