Honored Contributor

The magnetic false eye lashes Evine live is selling...

[ Edited ]

No glue... they go on the top and bottom of your upper last held with tiny magnets.... sounds good with no glue. Anyone used these?

I have never used false lashes as I would never put glue near my eyes... but I worry that the magnets might have issues with safety as well... and do they really stay put?

Honored Contributor

Re: These magnetic false eye lashes Evine live is selling...

I got themWoman Happy I've been 'practicing' putting them on and they DO stay on but before you put them on you must apply mascara first so that the false lash can rest on your upper lash without sliding off. Once you get that part right then the bottom false lash just clicks into place. With the Evine set you get two natural sets and one voluminous set. For me the natural sets work well but I think I'm going to trim them so they aren't so long and I'm going to trim them so they are a bit tapered on one end to look more like my own lashes. I think I like these.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

I got themWoman Happy I've been 'practicing' putting them on and they DO stay on but before you put them on you must apply mascara first so that the false lash can rest on your upper lash without sliding off. Once you get that part right then the bottom false lash just clicks into place. With the Evine set you get two natural sets and one voluminous set. For me the natural sets work well but I think I'm going to trim them so they aren't so long and I'm going to trim them so they are a bit tapered on one end to look more like my own lashes. I think I like these.Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee  Amazon sells a lot of these... do you know how they compare to the Evine lashes? On Amazon I would get free same day shipping and they cost less too.
Honored Contributor

Evine sells the '3 SECOND LASH AS SEEN on TV'  brand. I know there are other brands sold elsewhere but I've never tried them. @SeaMaiden

Trusted Contributor

You should watch the video that Angie from Hot and Flashy did on this...it's kind of funny.  Looks like too much trouble to me!

Honored Contributor

Re: The magnetic false eye lashes Evine live is selling...

I'm super interested in the concept of magnetic lashes. Putting on mascara is the most time consuming and messy step in my make up routine. If I could pop on a little eye liner and then put on lashes instead, it'd be great. I would definitely trim them way down to make it look like they could possibly be natural.

Does anyone else think this could be a good idea? Am I fooling myself that once I got the knack of applying them every day, it'd be faster and easier in the long run?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

My girlfriend tried them  and they were absolutely impossible to get on properly 

She did not use the mascara As a base    Maybe that would help  but it sort of defeats the purpose 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You need to apply mascara and let it dry before the magnetic lashes are applied. Otherwise when you place them on a clean eyelash they will slide right off. @Porcelain

Another thing is that since these false lashes are very dark, if your own lashes are not dark then they won't blend in very well and they will look totally fake. So it's important to apply dark mascara, preferably black, so that the false lashes will look more natural.

Honored Contributor

Dagnabbit! Oh well. @SilleeMee Thanks for letting me know.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

Too steep a learning curve for me. In addtion to Hot and Flashy, I've watched Tati and Coffee Break With Dani have an initial go with them. While the concept is interesting, I think if I somehow get a hair up my you know what to wear false eyelashes (last time was around 40 years ago), I'll just do it the old fashioned way with eyelash glue.