Honored Contributor

The important thing about Tweak'd, does it replace Ojon exactly?

Yes, its fun to gossip about Dennis and his new family.  But I have never been able to replace the original Ojon restorative product, the expensive one in the brown jar.  Does he make an exact duplicate?  I'm not interested in trying a bunch of items, either blowing the money or sending them back.  

Respected Contributor

Re: The important thing about Tweak'd, does it replace Ojon exactly?

No. There's one deep conditioner that smells identical, but it's not the same.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Yes, its fun to gossip about Dennis and his new family.  But I have never been able to replace the original Ojon restorative product, the expensive one in the brown jar.  Does he make an exact duplicate?  I'm not interested in trying a bunch of items, either blowing the money or sending them back.  

I have received a product that is very close.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass   I tried the conditioning mask in the brown jar when he first presented it. It's no different to me than a $8 drugstore deep conditioner. He compares it to Ojon, which had a great following, but still over priced for the results. 

Respected Contributor

I have found the new conditioner is very close to the original Ojon, but is easier to rinse out.  As for it being "fun" to gossip about he and his wife's divorce not so much.  I assume it was a very painful time for both of them.

Trusted Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Tadaki  For whatever reason, this is on HSN for $34.  Just saw it.  

Honored Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

I never used Ojon, but I do like this from Tweak'd:

https://www.qvc.com/Tweakd-by-Nature-Dhatelo-Restore-%26-Rejuvenating-Treatment-Oi.product.A420070.h... 

I like and use this product.  However, I never used the original Ojon product so can't compare.  I don't really use it as a conditioner though.  I use it more as a finishing product, usually mixed with some oils.  In winter I'll also use a little on my face before bed.  I loved the Ojon Tawaka conditioner which I discovered shortly before he sold the line.  

Sadly, a lot of his products even though he pushes the powered by nature line contain ingredients that I don't want on my hair like silicones.  A pair of products that I bought as part of a set in a TSV awhile back contains an ingredient that is specifically meant to build up on hair or stay in the hair for up to 5 shampoos  and is aimed at people who straighten their hair.  I'll end up selling those on Ebay or finding another use for them as I don't want that ingredient in my hair since I'm curly.

I would try more of his products if he would ditch the silicones.  If the natural ingredients were so great he wouldn't need the silicones.  He should try Broccoli Seed Oil instead.

Tweak'd is on both QVC & HSN and the prices vary considerably, so I always check both sites before buying.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess 

A pair of products that I bought as part of a set in a TSV awhile back contains an ingredient that is specifically meant to build up on hair or stay in the hair for up to 5 shampoos...

Which products/ingredient will build up and stay i hair for up to 5 shampoos? I have several Tweak'd products but alternate with other lines. 

TIA for your response

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Respected Contributor

Interesting you point this out, and so don't you find it misleading when he says during his shows how "natural" all his products are and how there's nothing in it except all the stuff from nature he goes to all these countries to source?