Honored Contributor

Re: The important thing about Tweak'd, does it replace Ojon exactly?

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@Icegoddess 

A pair of products that I bought as part of a set in a TSV awhile back contains an ingredient that is specifically meant to build up on hair or stay in the hair for up to 5 shampoos...

Which products/ingredient will build up and stay i hair for up to 5 shampoos? I have several Tweak'd products but alternate with other lines. 

TIA for your response

@Tennessee Vol It's a combination of Polysilicone-29 & Dipropylene Glycol.  They aren't placed together in the ingredient deck, but they don't have to be.  The trade name is Silsoft CLX-E.  If you Google it, it sounds like a wonderful product IF you want to flat-iron your hair.  When combined with heat, it transforms rebellious hair into sleek, glossy hair with no firzz.  It fights frizz by restorng hydrophobicity to hair which means it makes hair water-resistant.  My curls actually do better when there's more humidity in the air.  In fact, in the winter I add an oil to my wet hair to help stop moisture loss.  I don't need that in the summer.  However, any ingredient that states that it lasts through several washes is a no in my book.  It has to build up which may be great for the flat-ironers, but I think in the long run it's not good for the hair.

The products I have that contain it is the Coco-Nutty Volumizing Clayditioner and the Coco-Nutty Cleansing Volumizing Scrub.  

Respected Contributor

Re: The important thing about Tweak'd, does it replace Ojon exactly?

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@Icegoddess 

A pair of products that I bought as part of a set in a TSV awhile back contains an ingredient that is specifically meant to build up on hair or stay in the hair for up to 5 shampoos...

Which products/ingredient will build up and stay i hair for up to 5 shampoos? I have several Tweak'd products but alternate with other lines. 

TIA for your response

@Tennessee Vol It's a combination of Polysilicone-29 & Dipropylene Glycol.  They aren't placed together in the ingredient deck, but they don't have to be.  The trade name is Silsoft CLX-E.  If you Google it, it sounds like a wonderful product IF you want to flat-iron your hair.  When combined with heat, it transforms rebellious hair into sleek, glossy hair with no firzz.  It fights frizz by restorng hydrophobicity to hair which means it makes hair water-resistant.  My curls actually do better when there's more humidity in the air.  In fact, in the winter I add an oil to my wet hair to help stop moisture loss.  I don't need that in the summer.  However, any ingredient that states that it lasts through several washes is a no in my book.  It has to build up which may be great for the flat-ironers, but I think in the long run it's not good for the hair.

The products I have that contain it is the Coco-Nutty Volumizing Clayditioner and the Coco-Nutty Cleansing Volumizing Scrub.  

@Icegoddess 

Thanks! I bought that TSV and tried the products once and didn't like them so I threw them away. I too have curly/wavy hair. I don't like any of the Clayditioners. I do like his original scrub but only use it every other week.

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb