Trusted Contributor

Re: The hairstyle and color in your senior picture

I graduated in 1971 and had a chin length pageboy bob in my senior picture.  I was blonde and still am blonde, now with some gray going through it.  Now my hair is short and layered.  I am a swimmer, so I need an easy blow-dry style.  

A lot of women I know went to the bob haircut in the last year or two and I just keep thinking of high school when I see that style.  I would never go back to that length.  

Respected Contributor

I don't think I have a copy of my senior pic.  I had long, blond, slightly waved hair pulled back with a barrette on one side.  I still have blond hair but its short now!

Esteemed Contributor

In my 1966 senior picture I had just above the shoulder length hair, parted on the side in sort of a bob style. The "flip" was popular then but my hair just wouldn't cooperate. The color was my natural light brown. Now, my hair is a bit shorter, but similar in style. I have my hair highlighted, but thanks to my paternal Norwegian ancestors I have very little gray at age 72. If only I had that firm, taut skin I had back in '66! LOL!

Valued Contributor

I graduated in 1973 and my hair in the senior picture was shoulder length.  I had it parted down the middle and the ends were that flip up that was popular back then.  I had real red hair but age has toned it down to a strawberry blonde.

Honored Contributor

Ha!  My senior picture...1984...thank you Aquanet!  I think that's the last time I saw my natural hair color!  

C02D9A88-E4E7-401B-A641-EA653B908389.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

I graduated in '75.  I had long brown hair.  Now I have short brown hair.  Although in '75 it was ombre before it was called that.  I grew up at the beach so the bottom half was always much lighter colored than the top half from the sun.

Respected Contributor

I had short layered hair that I washed, moussed and went out the door. The color was medium brown.  I started highlighting it after college.  Thirty five years later my hair is still highlighted but shoulder length which lately I have been wearing curly so it is wash and wear again.

Esteemed Contributor

About the same color. No fringe/bangs (which I do not have now), parted in the center (now I part on the side), below shoulder length (now above), all one length (now layered), straight (now w/ volume courtesy a few hot rollers).

Honored Contributor

In my senior picture, I had long straight hair, parted in the middle. It was very thick. Medium brown color which is my natural color.

Now I wear my hair Jamie Lee Curtis short and it's still the same brown color,  only now L'Oréal crime Ecellence #6 helps me get it that way!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Not even close to my 1967 Senior picture. My hair was a more brunette with a few strands of blonde and worn in a flip. I am now a blonde with a short asymmetrical.