Honored Contributor

The hairstyle and color in your senior picture

Do you still have access to it?  How close is the style and color to your hair now?  I remember Diane Gilman showed her senior picture one time, back in her pre-cancer days.  Her long hair and brown color were the same.  Of course now she has gone to her natural really nice shade of grey curly hair. Since I quit highlighting my hair when I lost my stylist, my light brown hair is the same as my senior picture, except for the grey weaving itself in.  I prefer to call it "ash blonde."  The short length is the same, also, no more shoulder length hair for me.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The hairstyle and color in your senior picture

Not even close to what I looked like in that picture. I had long black hair I tried to color and it came out streaky Ronald Mc Donald red. I do not look at that pic I wish to forget that fashion mistake. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass   In my senior picture, my hair was very dark brown, short and kind of curly...must have used hot rollers to straighten it out a bit that day. Of course, now it's still curly, but grown out longer and silver/white.

Honored Contributor

Yes I found my grad pic the other day--other than the length, which was to my shoulders and turned up,the stye has changed, more a bob now,  the color is the same--dishwater blond--well now it is more dishwater than blond with grey added. but the color is actually pretty nice. Been told by a few hair stylist that they wouldn't change the color at all---

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My hair was a short bob in medium brown.  Now my hair is salt & pepper in a longer pixie.  I don't have the patience to fool around with longer hair now,  Sometimes I wash and let it dry naturally and other times I will blow dry and it does not take long at all.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Mine was a Chestnut color and straight with a bit of wave.  I had it parted down the middle and it was straight but a little wavy at the bottom.

Now, it's curly because I perm it and red.  I part it on the side and have side bangs that eventually I will have to flat iron as the last of the perm gets cut out of it and then I'll get another perm.  Of course the hair underneath that red is no longer Chestnut either and I don't think I (or a hairdresser) could ever get it back to that color either.  

Respected Contributor

My hair is a bit shorter.  It's colored now, but still the same color pretty much.  The only thing I've really changed is adding more makeup.

Honored Contributor

@depglass My hair shows closer to black than even I remember it being -  maybe the photographer's lights did that although I know I had the darkest hair among the 5 siblings.  My parents were both pretty much totally gray or white by the time I began to be aware of hair color.  

My hair has often been very straight - even in the era of home perms, I was usually straight and short, never hippie length, never that center hippie part.  Some years back, my hair started to show waves and I had a stylist who was a genius with the scissors.  Still styled me short, but wavy.

Then shortly after I retired, I went quite short -  easier to conceal the gray as time for new color approached.  And then just during this pandemic when getting a professional color and cut was impossible, I let my hair grow and when I finally saw my stylist, we kept much of the length and made use of the new waves.  Right now, my hair looks close to my hs picture except for color -  I'm so white under my color that new growth would be apparent almost right away.  

Not sure whether I'll keep this length, but because I'm not buying clothes, jewelry, entertainment or travel, I certainly can afford a few extra hair appointments for a while. 

Not trying to pass for young -  I'm way beyond that game!

Honored Contributor

My senior picture was very short dark blonde highlighted hair parted on the side. I kept it that way for over 25 years! I started growing it out in 2005. Currently my hair is a few inches past my shoulders, still dark blonde with highlights, still side parted, with a few grays. 

Respected Contributor

i was 17 in my senior portrait and my hair was long long long, wavy, kind of a honey blonde and super shiny.  had spent the summer at the beach and i think i misted my hair with lemon and coconut for highlights.

oh what i would do for that hair now!  it's still long but i've colored it and it's frizzy unless i use product and blow it out and i think the coloring has damaged it. i'm on the verge of chopping it off.