Contributor

Can anyone tell me if you use this product along with a facial firming serum? 

Honored Contributor

Re: The essence by Tatcha

[ Edited ]

I have not used the Tatcha brand specifically but I have used other essences.  An essence is very watery and sometimes they can feel a little slippery due to the ingredients.  It's the first thing that goes on your face after cleansing. The best application is to put some in your hand and then press it into your skin.  Then you apply the serum over it.

Respected Contributor

I was using it all winter, now that it's hot and sticky I stopped because I don't really need it.  I use it first under serums.  It does not interfere with anything and dries down pretty quickly.  I think it helps in drier climates to keep the fine lines a little plumped.  I have used it with Philosphy WHINE serum, Perricone cold plasma serum, it works fine with both.  All that being said, it's a VERY expensive product and I don't think I'll repurchase, I could probably get the same result with something cheaper (as with many Tatcha products,  they are lovely but $$$).

Respected Contributor

@Rooney wrote:

@Rooney 

Yes, I do.

Regular Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I was using it all winter, now that it's hot and sticky I stopped because I don't really need it.  I use it first under serums.  It does not interfere with anything and dries down pretty quickly.  I think it helps in drier climates to keep the fine lines a little plumped.  I have used it with Philosphy WHINE serum, Perricone cold plasma serum, it works fine with both.  All that being said, it's a VERY expensive product and I don't think I'll repurchase, I could probably get the same result with something cheaper (as with many Tatcha products,  they are lovely but $$$).

I ran out of Tatcha's essence and didn't want to spend a lot of money so I bought the new one by Philosophy Purity.  I'm not sure if QVC will carry it but Sephora does.  It does the job for $22 and it is perfect for summer because I didn't want to spend $95 for Tatcha's or $68 for Fresh's (also really hydrating and good) because I will probably end up sweating it off.  Maybe in the fall I'll go back to the higher end essences but right now Philosophy's Purity essence is working for me.

Honored Contributor

@Rooney wrote:

Call Tatcha directly. They are wonderful for questions about how to use their products. Excellent customer service. Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM PST. 1.877.322.8633

Honored Contributor

Re: The essence by Tatcha

[ Edited ]

I don't understand why you would need an essence if you are using a serum anyway. Essence is basically a lighter version of a serum. I've never used an essence but I use serums. Applying an essence, to me, just seems like an unnecessary step and an overkill.

Contributor

I got the Essence as part of the recent TSV.  I like the serums and just wasnt sure how they combine.

Thanks for all the replys I appreciate it.