Honored Contributor

The bob is expected to be a popular cut in 2021

[ Edited ]

I was reading that the bob haircut is supposed to be popular in 2021.  The article called this style the "little bob".   Are you a fan of a bob cut?  I like a bob cut, but would prefer longer bangs for myself.

Screenshot_2021-03-07 Taylor LaShae on Instagram “living in this new sweatsuit — never taking it off aninebingofficial #ani[...].png

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The bob is expected to be a popular cut in 2021

Yes I'm a fan. In fact since last July I've been letting my layers grow out and now everything is one length. I got sick of the modified pixie cut after way to many years so I asked my hairdresser last year about letting it grow out. She gradually cut off my "tail" and just trimmed the edges every four weeks. For the first time in a long while I like my hair again. Don't like the super long bangs on her. They would just drive me nuts having to keep them out of my eyes.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal.  Longer bangs?  She already looks like a puppy dog.  I think we're we're  overdue to get rid of the long, stringy hair.  It's a good thing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

i don't think it has ever really gone out of style. I think it just gets modified to fit the current trends, so it's not a straight cut bottom.

i like the bob cut

Esteemed Contributor

I agree the bangs would be too long for me! I cut my own hair and it's either a bob in cooler weather or modified wedge in the Summer to keep it off my neck. 

Honored Contributor

No, I'm not a fan of the short bob b/c that length makes it almost impossible to wear it up and out of the way without a lot of fuss. 

Honored Contributor

NoThanks - not for me.  I want a style that can have many looks.  Not for anyone that is very active as when you move it will quickly be all over and covering your face.  I do love a longer bang though but no quite that long and out of control.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal  That  cut is adorable.  I wore my hair in a bob starting in H.S. and into adulthood until my mid 50's.  The bob is one haircut that has always been around, yes, it has been altered many times with layering different ways but even the severe bob is still in style with it's slick look.  Love this hair style and always will.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Don't care for that "style" at all..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Her 'short bob' still looks stringy to me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.