Honored Contributor

Re: The bob is expected to be a popular cut in 2021

Since my hair is down to my waist I would feel naked with that. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

That pic is cute, I wear my hair shoulder length tho.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Bobs come in so many varieties ... some are layered, some have bangs, some are shorter in the back, some are shoulder length ("lob"), some are chin length ... you get the picture. Or if you don't, Google it and take a look. (And, yes, the original photo is most certainly a wavy bob.) 

PS I currently wear an angled bob with bangs.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Maybe I don't really know what a *bob* is.  I always thought it was a longer in the front, shorter in the back haircut.  Maybe not?

The hair cut in the OP isn't what I thought a bob was.  That looks more like a pageboy (or a little lord fauntleroy).

Shows how much I know!

Will say, particularly for me, I don't like the sleek, flattened perfectly coifed hairstyles on me.  I like something that moves, that has oomph as it fits my casual lifestyle, but I can still get dressed up and look good with just a little more effort. 

Short hair is a no on me.  I've had nightmares that I got a pixie and wake up with my heart pounding.

@Lucky Charm   I could have written your post.  I have never cared for the "every hair in place" dos.  I like messy - always have.  And the part about the nightmare......been there, had them. LOL  

Same. So many nightmares. Because when I was young my mom liked my curly hair short like hers. Then I married someone who liked short hair. Ugh I just hated it on me then. Now looking back at pics they weren't so horrible but a lot of work for a curly hair girl to blowdry and straighten. For some reason never got a short cut that worked with curls. Now my hair is long like yours. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't like the Bob - not a fan of smooth , sleek, cupped under hair. I like a slightly messy look. Hate short, spiky hair, too - never seen anyone that it looked good on. JMO.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Respected Contributor

I wore a bob for many years.  It is a style that works with almost any type of hair especially straight. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ultimate DIY style for COVID 😂

Honored Contributor

I think a bob is a classic cut that is always in style.

Valued Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Thought a "bob" was shorter. Don't care for this uncared for.stringy cut.

I have the back stacked. going to my hairdresser tomorrow.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I think the bob is timeless.  The girl in the picture looks adorable.