Respected Contributor

Re: The bob is expected to be a popular cut in 2021

Cute look on many- if you have hair that works with this style. I don't... 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   Oh, the fascination with all things French!! I'm pretty sure this is a French bob....They wash their hair at night, don't own hair dryers and don't love hair products....the messier the better. It's supposed to look like you just rolled out of bed and this model certainly does. 

I have a bob...love it, but mine is longer, washed regularly. I can put it up in a ponytail for walking or warmer weather, my shorter bangs keep my hair out of my eyes. Since mine is blunt cut, no layers, I can easily switch back and forth to wearing it wavy/curly. 

I'm all for "style", but sometimes it goes overboard.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I was reading that the bob haircut is supposed to be popular in 2021.  The article called this style the "little bob".   Are you a fan of a bob cut?  I like a bob cut, but would prefer longer bangs for myself.

Screenshot_2021-03-07 Taylor LaShae on Instagram “living in this new sweatsuit — never taking it off aninebingofficial #ani[...].png

That's not a bob.  It's a stringy mess of a chin-length blunt cut, with overgrown bangs.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I like it.

Valued Contributor

Yes, have a "bob" since last May when the hair salons opened back up and cut 7 inches from my hair.  Always a classic cut that becomes new again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine already looks like that less the bangs plus 3". Just enough for short pony tail. I can't stand for my hair to be in my face.

My ends are more curly especially right after my hair dries.

I have not had bangs since 6th grade.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Interesting to see this thread, since I just decided a couple of months ago to grow out my pixie and try a short bob.  I just started feeling that a pixie was an "old lady" look.  And I thought this was a perfect time to suffer through that growing out stage since I'm not going anywhere much and my face is covered by a mask.  Interesting to see that bobs are popular again - maybe I subconsciously picked up on that?  My hair is straight, thin and baby fine, so my bob if I decide to keep it, will be very short.  Or maybe I'll end up with a pixie again lol.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

I've had a bob (long layers) for a while now, which is quite suited to my face shape. However, I usually wear my sides off my face, as that, I think, looks more attractive. Plus I don't have fringe or bangs.

I remember the day when my older sister daresn't have a single strand out of place! My, she was fussy!

Me, I don't care too much about that. I think messy is actually more attractive. I'm not walkling down the runway, so, why do all that fussing and fretting when the wind blows something out of place?

Just give me clean, bouncy hair and I'm rather happy.

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I wear an above-the-shoulder one-length bob. I grew out my layers and let my highlights grow out during this year of covid. My natural color now is light ash brown. I was surprised at how dark my hair had become over the last twenty years I had been highlighting it. I am 55 and don't have any gray yet. I was surprised about that too. Now that my hair is in a bob I have decided to keep this hairstyle for the rest of my life. It is the easiest most ageless hairstyle in the world!

I love it but how often do you have to have it cut? That's what keeps me from getting one.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Maybe I don't really know what a *bob* is.  I always thought it was a longer in the front, shorter in the back haircut.  Maybe not?

The hair cut in the OP isn't what I thought a bob was.  That looks more like a pageboy (or a little lord fauntleroy).

Shows how much I know!

Will say, particularly for me, I don't like the sleek, flattened perfectly coifed hairstyles on me.  I like something that moves, that has oomph as it fits my casual lifestyle, but I can still get dressed up and look good with just a little more effort. 

Short hair is a no on me.  I've had nightmares that I got a pixie and wake up with my heart pounding.

@Lucky Charm   I could have written your post.  I have never cared for the "every hair in place" dos.  I like messy - always have.  And the part about the nightmare......been there, had them. LOL  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!