Honored Contributor

Re: The big haired ladies of Tweak'd

The shorter haired ladies seem to have thick coarse hair. So its easy to make it look big and "fluffy." Someone with fine hair like me would never get hair like that with product alone.  There would have to be other "helpers" to get me anywhere close to that.  Just because one uses his stying products does not mean one's hair is going to be that big when done, that look is for TV.  How big your hair is when done styling it, is up to you not necessarily the product.

Respected Contributor

I love the products and although I could get that much volume, I choose to leave my hair in its natural state of soft curls.
Honored Contributor

Who remembers SAMMY from MIAMI ????

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Seems like when it comes to showing hair products, they always find the models with very thick hair, flatten it on their heads and then fluff it up with a style to make you want to have the product so you, too, can have a big hair day.

Respected Contributor

I don't think they are expecting women to style their hair like that.  LOL  They are just emphasizing the volume you can get. 

Respected Contributor

I have fine thinning hair and really like the styling cream.   I don't get the enormous volume but get what is volume for me and my hair.  I actually don't want that kind of look so I am good with what I get from the products.  I agree that they are showing what is possible with the products, not what we each will get.   Truth is.....I wouldn't buy the products if they made my hair look like that.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal 

I haven't seen the show on QVC but being from Texas (or Jersey), big hair is a way of life Smiley Wink  It's called volume and standing at 5' tall, I need all the height I can get (within reason of course) Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Nick Chavez models look the same way. I remember when Sammy gave Colleen a haircut, you could tell she was not happy with it. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   I am sure they use models with thick hair which would balloon out with just a little product.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I would never use that stuff if those are the results. Some of the longer haired ladies looked good but the shorter haired ones with 70's  big hair, no way would I leave my house with big hair like that. Some of them look ridiculous. Just to much. 

@Meowingkitty It ages them terribly.