Honored Contributor

The big haired ladies of Tweak'd

I'm always amazed at the volume the ladies on Tweak'd  have.  All of them have big hair and looking at the before pictures, you would never think they could achieve that result.  Does anyone that use Tweak'd get this type of volume?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The big haired ladies of Tweak'd

I would never use that stuff if those are the results. Some of the longer haired ladies looked good but the shorter haired ones with 70's  big hair, no way would I leave my house with big hair like that. Some of them look ridiculous. Just to much. 

Esteemed Contributor

Well even Denis himself appears to be stuck in some former time zone. 70's, 80's, I dunno but somewhere in the past. 

Honored Contributor

Those big haired models are getting that result from the product but also the way they're  styling with big rollers all over the head, and the fullness, I think, is accentuated due to the length of their hair.  When my hair was mid neck length, I would use the smaller rollers to get more lift but not that big bouffant look. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   I can't think of any way that big hair is achieved except with hot rollers, teashing and lots of spray....and a lot of thick hair to start. The before pics show the ladies w/ their rather abundant hair slicked down. 

It's not the look most women are wanting to have these days. It's out of fashion IMHO. 

Honored Contributor

lived through that era once --  and that was more than enough 

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal I know you didn't mean your post to be funny but I was laughing so hard when I read it.   I had that show on yesterday and DH walked in and said OMG, what are these ladies thinking?    I love his products and really have been alternating with my Wen, and actually moving more toward using Tweak'd.  Do I get that volume, no not at all.   But I do like the softness/look of my hair , it's short and curly so it works well for me.  I also use to love the Ojon line but I find the current line even better.   I thought the same as @Shanus, they are using rollers and teasing/styling it that way.     

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I naturally have that big hair. It is very thick and coarse. In my younger days when we wore the Farrah look, mine was spectacular. As for how they get the volume, notice the before hair is straighter, flat and close to the head. That takes deliberate styling to tame lush hair to be that flat. The after look is just a matter of styling with a blow dryer and hot rollers. My hair does not respond well to curling irons. The models are chosen because they have the natural hair needed to pull off the look.

Edited to add: I use no styling products, just Matrix Proforma to hold the finished look.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal I use the Chiuiri styling cream which is one of the products where they show the big poofy hair.  I think you have seen pics of my hair and it certainly doesn't look all poofed up like that.  I gave up the hot rolllers years ago.  I also have very fine hair, so I do like the bit of oomph it gives it, but it in no way transforms my hair.  

I'm upset because I missed out on the special they had last night.  I had just bought the 6 oz of the Chiuiri Butter styling cream and received it just yesterday and they had a supersized 12 oz on last night.  They had run out of the two-pk of the 6 oz previously and the 2-pk on QVC had been on Waitlist for awhile.  

Esteemed Contributor

To me it's the same on every hair product show, especially for volumizing. They always show women with very thick, heavy hair. Of course it's going to plump up and look huge. They rarely show post-menopausal women with truly thinning hair. I think that would be a more accurate result.