Valued Contributor

The best foundation for over 60

Would love your opinions....thanks. 

Super Contributor

Re: The best foundation for over 60

Color-matched for Clinique Even Better Clinical Serum at a Sephora store about a month ago. Very happy with product. Have not used Clinique in years.
Honored Contributor

@lucky-girl     I am 71 and have normal skin.  My foundation is for normal to oily skin and its fluid powder by Bobbi Brown. It's a semi matte finish light to med. coverage. Sweatoproof and waterproof.   $40 but I buy it when a discount is offered.  The foundation you choose should depend on skin type, coverage, waterproof, etc.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@lucky-girl  It would depend on the type of coverage you want.

I'm really content using L'Oréal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream.  It doesn't give a lot of opaque coverage.  It's doesn't feel like I have anything on and provides a more evening of skin tone while maintaining a natural skin look. 

Esteemed Contributor

@dsw503 wrote:
Color-matched for Clinique Even Better Clinical Serum at a Sephora store about a month ago. Very happy with product. Have not used Clinique in years.

I tried that stuff and took it back. It did not go on very good. Formed little balls of foundation. Looked dry and yucky. 

Honored Contributor

There is no osfa for "over 60". There are just to many variables with skin types. I'm 66 and use a pressed mineral foundation (PUR).  What works for my skin may not work for someone else my age. 

Honored Contributor

@lucky-girl wrote:

Would love your opinions....thanks. 

As others have said, it all depends on your skin type/tone, coverage wanted, etc.  Since we don't have that information, I'll tell you what I use.  I'm 67 have light/medium cool/neutral skin tone, normal to dry.

I use Laura Geller Balance and Brighten in Medium or Laura's Double Take Baked Powder Foundation in Medium.  Also use L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow radiant finish liquid foundation in Natural Buff.

What I use any given day depends on mood and coverage that I want.

Good luck!  Its a lot of trial and error until you find what works for you.

Respected Contributor

For light coverage I use Josie Marans Protect and Perfect tinted SPF 47. I love this...but others say it looks orange on them. On me it doesn't, and it looks fresh and lasts all day.

I also use IT CC Cream in Light medium when I want full coverage. 

Honored Contributor

Futurist Hydra rescue from Estee Lauder.

I have dry skin/66 years old, and really like the foundation.

I got a sample when visiting the store 1.5 years ago and ended up buying it, I'm on my 2nd tube.

Contributor

I am a young 69 and have used Revlon colorstay for years.  I mix a few drops, or a small dip of moisturizer with a few drops of liquid makeup and apply with a foam cosmetic sponge.  I read this as a tip for our age a while back, maybe from Jane Fonda.  It keeps makeup from looking heavy and settling into lines.  No need to spend a fortune on foundation.  Hope this helps!