Trusted Contributor

Re: The before-and-after Wen pictures...

On 3/25/2015 Drythe said:

bruingirl, we do.

Just don't want a witch to be able to 'follow' either of us!

exactly! thinking caps on til we figure this out Smiley Wink

live....laugh....love
Regular Contributor

Bruin....would LOVE to see your hair pics!!!!

thanks! not sure I want to post it here....given the climate Smiley Wink I hear ya Bruin! We know we love our WEN hair...

Super Contributor

All I can say is, that My Salon Stylist has told me not to use WEN.

I have thinning hair and dry hair (I'm Post Menopausal) and I get it Colored, but she gave me a long large list of "problems" that may cause it ... and it came down to Genetics (I have no idea because I was Adopted, when I was a Baby) or the need to take a Biotin Supplement. I had already taken a "Hair,Skin,& Nails" supp, from 20 years ago until now, and it made a slight difference.

I tried the WEN Cucumber ALOE cleansing conditioner, that was included in a *Q Beauty Kit* of Award Winners, last Fall. It "felt" nice; however, I found myself scratching my head, ALL DAY LONG ! And, It continued all during the over night !!! {#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I DO not shampoo everyday, but I COULDN'T WAIT TO GET rid of the itchiness, and clean my scalp of it !!! {#emotions_dlg.glare}

So, before you WENNERS flame away...I want to say that at least I "tried it" and I've conveyed My Experience with WEN, AND I hope that you who LOVE it will not JUDGE those that can't/won't use it so harshly.

Peace {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

On 3/24/2015 mysterylady said:

I have tried WEN and didn't get the results I would like. My two (mature) daughters have long hair and both use and like WEN. My hair, on the other hand, is very fine, short and thinning. I found it was leaving my hair too limp and what I was seeking was body. I never see anyone with short hair as models. Do any of you use WEN and find short, thinning and limp hair is better with some combo of products?

Hi Mysterylady! When I started using Wen about 2 years ago my hair was very short. And fine, limp, etc. I always had lots of shine but no body. With Wen I have more body. Now I'm growing my hair out and it's more chin-length. Still more body. My mom uses it too. Her hair is also very short and thinning but she has more body with Wen.

I don't think that "rinsing" is the full story. You have to add water to your hair and massage it well as you feel it "froth up." After leaving it in for a while add more water, massage again and then hen rinse it out well. I think the good cleansing happens when you add the water and work it in. I don't have any trouble rinsing it out if I add enough. Honestly, it doesn't take me any more time to rinse than regular shampoo since I started adding and massaging enough water into it. No trouble rinsing and no buildup ever.

KJPA
Respected Contributor

On 3/24/2015 RachB said: I'm sure the before and afters are exaggerated on both ends of the spectrum. But I will share my experience. My hair length is between my shoulders and bra, and I have layers starting below my chin. I style my hair the same way every single day. I cleanse, apply a styling product, then flip my head over to blow dry. No round brush used. On shampoo days (usually once every 7-10 days) my hair is drier, frizzier, and looks poker straight with no definition of layers. So it basically looks flat and all one length. On Wen days, my hair is soft, shiny, and you can clearly see my layers curled under at the ends as if I've used a round brush....but NO round brush. It looks much more styled and polished with no additional effort. Just my experience...I know everyone is different and I wish you the best with whatever you choose for yourself.

I haven't read any further than this post yet, so forgive me if you already answered. Why do you use shampoo every 7-10 days if your hair looks great on all the Wen days and so bad on the shampoo day?

Esteemed Contributor

My husband has been a stylist for many years and told me you should not use the same shampoo all of the time but rotate to different brands. He is not an advocate of Wen. He was trained at Vidal Sasson many years ago. I still use VS shampoo but it is not like the old brown bottle alternately with Herbal Essence. I have color treated hair and streaks and have never had breakage or any other type of problem. I did try Wen because the scent sounded nice and it was but my hair became limp and oily, so it wasn't for me.
Respected Contributor

On 3/25/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:
On 3/25/2015 ID2 said:

I always prefer the before shots as compared the the limp, greasy look of the after.

me too.

Glad others think the way I do. I totally agree.

Regular Contributor

Wow, there are some (not all) seriously snooty Wen-users on this thread. Asking a question one has always wondered about a product is a sad attempt at attention? Is there an emoticon for rolling one's eyes? The "climate" these users create themselves makes me appreciate the Wen users who can engage in civil discussion about the product.

Honored Contributor

You'd like to think the product could stand on its own. I've often thought the 'before' pictures went out of their way to show the models hair in the positively worst, most unflattering light they could manage. It almost seems trumped up. I get it that they want to show a significant difference with and without, but the difference seems rather glaring and not all because of the product, but because absolutely nothing was done to style their hair in the initial pictures.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

How can someone use WEN if they don't know how to get it out of the bottle?