Trusted Contributor

Re: The before-and-after Wen pictures...

sos dd yawn Smiley Wink
live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor

I always prefer the before shots as compared the the limp, greasy look of the after.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 ID2 said:

I always prefer the before shots as compared the the limp, greasy look of the after.

me too.

Regular Contributor

Yeah, the "We can't make any claims" thing is pretty inconsistent, at best. Jacque was on the other night, can't even remember the vendor - maybe Chaz - and she was acting really nervous about the claims the vendor was making and kept issuing these disclaimers, almost as though they're either cracking down on that or she recently got in trouble or something. But, sure, let Chaz make all these pseudo-science claims about how even sulfate-free shampoos wreck everyone's hair, and manipulate the photos in multiple ways...Oh! And "dandruff" is apparently a swear word. They literally won't let him say it - he even said the other night he can't say what cedarwood oil treats, but for everyone to Google it.

Another thing that gets me about the Wen shows is Chaz listing all the oils he puts in without explaining why they're supposedly beneficial (except that and Tea Tree, for that oh-so-controversial dandruff). He seems to equate any oil with "Good for the hair" (or doesn't, but wants us to), while some natural oils can be quite harsh and/or not right for every hair type. For example, my hair doesn't tolerate protein well, so coconut oil is terrible for it (it's considered a protein-mimicker), and my skin, at least (not sure about hair) does not like peppermint oil.

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 HomeShoppingLover87 said:

"Millions of women never heard of wen and use regular shampoo and have beautiful hair"

Yes, which adds to the ridiculousness of the near-cultlike brainwashing the Q hosts and Chaz do about Wen. I mean, women ironed their very long hair in the '70s, probably without using any kind of protectant, and used regular shampoo, and some of them still had gorgeous hair, from what I can tell.

So if Wen really does help women who have particularly unruly and/or damaged hair, power to them; but it annoys me when they make it seem as though everyone needs Wen and shampoo is so evil.

It's their schtick to sell the product. All the hosts do it in some form, whether it's making you feel like "everyone" else is buying the product on screen, or "time is running out" "we only have a few left", "we have over a thousand people on the phone lines"!!

Super Contributor

On 3/25/2015 Ford1224 said:

Everything about his presentations (if one can call "fluffing" various women's hair a presentation) is fake, IMO.

Oh my goodness!! Every time I see him walk down the "row" of models and fluff their hair I laugh at how ridiculous that looks! How does anyone take him or that "presentation" seriously?

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/24/2015 bruingirl said: sos dd yawn Smiley Wink

Actually, this conversation is filled with interesting and intelligent comments and I really don't care much about WEN one way or the other.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/25/2015 Johnnyeager said:

Actually, this conversation is filled with interesting and intelligent comments and I really don't care much about WEN one way or the other.

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor

Another pitiful try from the Nix mini-fan club on a subject thats been beaten to death.

Sad for him. Double yawn. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

{{{{{Wave}}}}} to bruingirl, how are you doing? I got my super size 613 RTM yesterday - spritz, spritz - WENDERFUL!

Love my shiny, bouncy, no split-ends, long, WEN hair & Chaz Dean!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

On another note, what bothers me about the before photos where they have used regular shampoo and probably no conditioner, they haven't been styled, but the WEN girls have been. Not a fair comparison. And I am using Wen Tea Tree, every 3rd day then a good cleaning of my hair & scalp with my regular shampoo/conditioner.

This!