Trusted Contributor

Re: The Talk show on TV yesterday GOING MAKEUP FREE

At home, or just running errands, I get by fine without makeup. Like to let my sensitive skin rest and breathe. Love a lightly tinted moisturizer with sunscreen and lip balm. 

In a professional or formal setting, I would feel only half dressed without any make-up. Although, as I age, less is definitely more attractive on me. I've noticed that people in my age group and below have lightened up a lot. Especially with foundations. 

As always....to each their own! 

Trusted Contributor

When I have nothing to do and am home all day I don’t wear it...but when I go out I always have makeup on, I feel prettier and just overall more attractive...maybe it’s an insecurity, maybe it’s just some people really do look better with makeup, and some can go sans makeup and look great, good for you...I’m in the former category😂

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@Q-Anu wrote:

At home, or just running errands, I get by fine without makeup. Like to let my sensitive skin rest and breathe. Love a lightly tinted moisturizer with sunscreen and lip balm. 

In a professional or formal setting, I would feel only half dressed without any make-up. Although, as I age, less is definitely more attractive on me. I've noticed that people in my age group and below have lightened up a lot. Especially with foundations. 

As always....to each their own! 

@Q-Anu  When many women reach a certain age, they do seem to lighten up. I watched a fun makeover day at Nordstrom....where chairs are lined up to do makeup from various brands. It’s amazing how much mu it takes, sometimes, to look like you aren’t wearing anything on your face.

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of this obsession with makeup is due to being camera ready in this age of Instagram, selfies, etc. Many women want to always look “perfect”....enter all the YouTube makeup artists with tips and tricks for slimming faces/noses with contouring, etc. 

.....So happy my daughter is grown and I don’t have to deal with her and this striving for perfection. 

Trusted Contributor

Another vote for going makeup free almost daily. I usually only put on makeup now on Sunday for church services or if we’re going to lunch and shopping. But on a normal day, I put on my moisturizer and that’s it (sometimes  I Use a tinted moisturizer). A lot less fuss. 

Honored Contributor

running out of topics to yak about

Honored Contributor

running out of topics to yak about

if people want to wear makeup they can

if not it's OK too

Honored Contributor

I still wear foundation almost every day.  I just feel more confident covering up the broken capillaries on my cheeks which I don't believe really enhances my look.   I find it more freeing to not be self conscious about it with the help of foundation. 

Perhaps I should adjust my outlook on things but I'm not that strong so I prefer to wear makeup.  I also like wearing some eye makeup (I apply with a light hand) since I have naturally very small eyes and lipstick adds a bit of color to my face...oh how I envy those of you who are natural beauties!

Esteemed Contributor

If you've ever studied old photographs, you see many women's faces without makeup. You sure get another perspective of beauty.

Then if you study the history of makeup (Lisa Eldridge's book is a great resource), you realize that makeup has been around for a long, long time.

I don't know what the new makeup-free craze is all about and who is pushing it. I just don't let any TV show or celebrity dictate how I use makeup (or not.)

Respected Contributor

When I watched the show I thought the biggest difference was the eye makeup.  Eye liner, mascara, and brows make your eyes look more awake and alive.