Honored Contributor

Re: The Talk show on TV yesterday GOING MAKEUP FREE

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I retired 7 years ago, and still wear makeup everyday. I have no intention of stopping.

@ALRATIBA  I wear at least a Tinted Moisturizer (spf)...need some color not to frighten small children.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I retired 7 years ago, and still wear makeup everyday. I have no intention of stopping.

@ALRATIBA  I wear at least a Tinted Moisturizer (spf)...need some color not to frighten small children.

@Shanus

Smiley LOL   I know the feeling ... I'm also very fair.

I once tried an SPF lotion (on my hands before I put it on my face).  It melted my nail polish ... no way I'd ever put that on my face!

Respected Contributor

All of this is a matter of personal preference and don't understand the need to make a big deal about it. I love makeup and will continue to wear it until I am incapable of knowing what I am doing. Lol! However, for those who prefer to go without, good for you. The tabloids make such a big deal of showing famous women without makeup. Who cares! I actually have good skin and don't have to hide anything. I just love putting it on and find that it gives me a more finished look. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Shanus

I once tried an SPF lotion (on my hands before I put it on my face).  It melted my nail polish ... no way I'd ever put that on my face!

@ALRATIBA. Remember which one you used? Want to stay far away!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

All of this is a matter of personal preference and don't understand the need to make a big deal about it. I love makeup and will continue to wear it until I am incapable of knowing what I am doing. Lol! However, for those who prefer to go without, good for you. The tabloids make such a big deal of showing famous women without makeup. Who cares! I actually have good skin and don't have to hide anything. I just love putting it on and find that it gives me a more finished look. 

@Tricolor  Good skincare gives me the option of yay or nay, however on my “yay days”, I enjoy sitting at my vanity...the peacefulness, the experimentation and the artistic expression it brings me. It’s my time to be me.

Respected Contributor

I think there's a very big difference between going makeup free in your daily life and going makeup free on HD television (when everyone else on TV is wearing makeup and your audience is used to seeing your made-up look).  They probably had to announce it, not because they think it's a huge deal, but so that they don't get a million letters from people expressing concern about how different they looked and wondering if they're sick.  Unless they actually wore different makeup to produce a natural, no-makeup look, so as not to appear corpselike under the TV lights.  I didn't see it.

I go barefaced all the time, but I know I objectively look better with a natural makeup look, so there are occasions where I make the effort.  This includes going to work (to look my best professionally) and going out and about with my husband most of the time.  But around the house or running errands alone, I usually don't bother. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Shanus

@ALRATIBA. Remember which one you used? Want to stay far away!

@Shanus 

No ... it was something I picked up at CVS just before I left for vacation ..... it was 2003.  I ended up wearing a really big hat everytime I went outside!!

Honored Contributor

I love my makeup and don't get the going makeup free as something great!   I don't wear makeup to look "pretty"!!  Pretty is subjective anyway!!  I do not wear it daily because I am vain - I do it to look and feel my best - for me alone!!  The makeup I use is skincare and actually improves the look of my skin and I also get many compliments on my great looking skin - not my makeup!  The way some act saying it's freeing, etc is ridiculous.  What a shame some think that enjoying makeup is a bad thing!!.  If that's the case why not stop doing anything to look as good as possible including fixing or coloring your hair, wearing nice clothing ,etc. ??!!  Everyone is free to choose how they want to look and feel.  Just because I really like makeup, I would never tell others to do the same or put them down for not using it!!  I like makeup but others are free not to like it.  It's also a shame that many cannot see that!! 

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I love my makeup and don't get the going makeup free as something great!   I don't wear makeup to look "pretty"!!  Pretty is subjective anyway!!  I do not wear it daily because I am vain - I do it to look and feel my best - for me alone!!  The makeup I use is skincare and actually improves the look of my skin and I also get many compliments on my great looking skin - not my makeup!  The way some act saying it's freeing, etc is ridiculous.  What a shame some think that enjoying makeup is a bad thing!!.  If that's the case why not stop doing anything to look as good as possible including fixing or coloring your hair, wearing nice clothing ,etc. ??!!  Everyone is free to choose how they want to look and feel.  Just because I really like makeup, I would never tell others to do the same or put them down for not using it!!  I like makeup but others are free not to like it.  It's also a shame that many cannot see that!! 

@Pook  ITA. You forgot shaving our legs and pits.

Honored Contributor

I think you should do whatever you want.  If you want to wear makeup, wear it.  If you don't then don't   It is a personal choice.  I love my tinted moisturizer because it evens out the skin tone and brightens up the complexion.  Of course, at home, I do not wear makeup but if I am going out to run errands, I always do.  I like feeling pretty and absolutely love my lipstick!  Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength