Honored Contributor

The Talk show on TV yesterday GOING MAKEUP FREE

[ Edited ]

They make such a huge deal about this....  just being plain faced.... what a shame that women feel they must cake up their face with all of THAT to feel pretty. Of course I know that society pressures and  the beauty industry is behind it all.

The last five years now I pretty much go makeup free everyday. I just use my good skincare and sunscreen... occasionally will add a touch of lipstick when I leave the house to run errands... but, my skin is not covered up with makeup.. nor do I wear any eye makeup anymore.  I feel just fine that way now.  I use to wear makeup everyday when younger and working retail.  I felt I could not face the world without makeup  and remember even saying that if there was a fire in my home... I would not leave the building without  putting my "face on" first....( of course I was joking, but, I really felt that way about having my "face on")

I get complements about my skin now at 62  without all the makeup.  My skin IS BETTER now( looks healthier) with out all the pore clogging makeup.

I think it is a psychological thing where you become addicted to the makeup look and  you think that that makes you look better.... I know that was how I felt when I used makeup daily.. when in reality no makeup is just fine.  

It is a very freeing feeling being makeup free.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Talk show on TV yesterday GOING MAKEUP FREE

I believe good skin care is the reason I stopped using foundation after I retired. I use blush, eye makeup, and a little 💄 . I've worn foundation twice and that's it. It's less I have to take off in the evening. 

Honored Contributor

I have addressed before that when I was working it was useless to try to wear MU to work because we had to put on surgical masks on & off all day , over & over. They would rub all your MU off. I have no problem going out without mu.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

used to watch that show--but grew tired of it....just not entertaining anymore...

Trusted Contributor

After retiring I also don't wear makeup on a daily basis.  I've been told I look younger without. 

Honored Contributor

My skin is good so I don't wear foundation all of the time. However, my brows and lashes are so light I feel better with eye make-up.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Going out without makeup is no big deal. What bothers me is the associated attention received by stars and tv personalities, who without mu, may have the unfair advantage of weekly facials, peels, lasers to looking good w/o makeup. 

This gives some of us a feeling of “why don’t I look like that bare faced”? Big whoop if a magazine shoot shows a celebrity without full on makeup. With the correct lighting, cameras at the perfect angle, we’d all be the picture of perfection. 

Honored Contributor

I retired 7 years ago, and still wear makeup everyday. I have no intention of stopping.

Honored Contributor

I had no idea those hens were still around! Never cared for that show.

Honored Contributor

I love makeup. I wear it because I enjoy how good it makes me feel. To this day, I love a brand new lipstick. I wear blush because I am very fair and like the healthy look it gives me. Mascara gives me long black lashes and compliments on my eyes. I admit it. I am vain. However, the fun I have had with makeup over the years and adjusting my routine, has added a lot of joy In my life. 

Just an aside...my 42 year old daughter does not wear makeup except for very special occasions. She jokes with me that I did a great job raising her. She loves herself makeup free and finds no reason to alter her appearance.