Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I have no room on my countertop for a mirror.  I would much prefer one that would stick on a vertical surface, but I haven't had much luck with that either.  I had a lighted one that was supposed to do that, but it wouldn't stay, so I would have to remove it every time I was finished using it.  It finally fell on the floor and messed up the light part of it.  

My vertical surface is my bi-fold closet doors which are mirrors, so it's not the surface that's the problem.  I finally settled on a small diameter stick-on mirror that I think is 5x/8x depending on the side.  I use the 5x mostly for my eye makeup and to make sure my foundation is buffed out properly.  But, even that one the suction cup will give out afer about a month and fall to the floor.  Luckily, there's usually a rug there, so no damage is done.  

What I really need to get is the reading glasses for eye makeup.  I saw a pair where you move it from side to side rather than dropping the lens down.  I'm having more and more trouble seeing to do my right eye even with the magnifying mirror.  

@Icegoddess 

Did you see these over on HSN? Clearance priced. $11 +sh.

https://www.hsn.com/products/as-is-winkz-magnifying-eye-makeup-glasses-2-pack/9304486?query=9304486&...

@SilleeMee Those are what I was thinking of.  Didn't know HSN sold them, but I don't need the strengths they are selling.  Amazon has similar glasses.

Valued Contributor

I bought this mirror in rose gold when it was a prior TSV and I love it. It works just as they describe it and holds a charge for many weeks. I even took it on vacation so me and the hubby didn’t have to compete for the bathroom space. If I had one complaint it would be that at this price it should have come with a travel case to protect it. I had to wrap mine up in a towel in my suitcase which took up much more space then it already did. Their smaller travel mirror does come with a case but that is too small to see your face except in portions at a time and doesn’t have an adjustable light feature. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

You're not doing anything wrong! i have the same problem with mine! I have to keep in plugged in at all times and it still goes off and on, and this is while I'm trying to put my makeup on!. I would never buy another one!

Valued Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

I recently got a 10x led-lit mirror at Costco for $19.99.  I love it! 

Ditto, only I picked mine up at Amazon and I love it!!  I've taken it everywhere and mine has suction cups that attach it to my mirror so I don't have to waste counter space.  If something happens to it, I can toss and get another.  Perfect.

Occasional Contributor
You’re welcome, hope you love it as much as I love mine!
Contributor

I have owned this mirror for 2 years and I love it!  To me, it is well worth the money.  The lighting is perfect.  I love it is cordless.  The magnification is just enough.  I have the 10X SimpleHuman travel mirror and that one is too much magnification. 

Honored Contributor

I recently purchased from Nordstrom Rack a round 2 sided mirror (swivel).  One side is 10x and the other regular.  I use the 10x for eyebrows and checking my foundation.  Under $20.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

I have problems with spending $150 for a mirror-----or $500 for a hair dryer----or $60 for a 9" chicken pot pie!!!!!   Craziness----

You forgot to mention the $6,000 coffee machine.

https://www.qvc.com/Jura-GIGA-6-Automatic-Coffee-Machine.product.K400331.html?sc=SRCH

@SilleeMee- I thought you were joking until I checked this out!  I'd think that was for someone in business at that price; heaven only knows how much a real commercial one costs.

But to be fair to the Q, this one is on Easy Pay for less than a $1000 a month!  I love my coffee, but it would take me more years than I have left on this earth to justify that purchase!  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Re: The TSV mirror

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee ~

That Coffee Machine???  I Thought You Were Joking!!! Smiley SurprisedWoman SurprisedCat Surprised

OH YEAH!  FORGOT ABOUT THE EASY PAY!  SO, IT'S IN MY CART! Smiley LOLCat LOLWoman Very Happy

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor

Re: The TSV mirror

[ Edited ]

I saw a down comforter $19,000.00.... hey it was king sizeSmiley LOL

edited to say on sale for $10,000... just saying if anyone is interested.

No thought is worth thinking.....