Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Anyone ordering?  I wish someone would make a mirror with 8x mag.  10 is too much for me and 5 is not enough. 

I have used the Floxite brand for many years.  To me it is the best daylight mirror on the market.  Very natural light.  They are 10x magnification though.  Check out Amazon or Sally Beauty if you want to get some info....FYI....These mirrors are about half the price of the TSV.  I have had one for at least 15 years.  I liked it so much I bought a backup one because I haven’t found anything else that compares.  Just make sure you look at the Daylight version.       

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I have problems with spending $150 for a mirror-----or $500 for a hair dryer----or $60 for a 9" chicken pot pie!!!!!   Craziness----

You made me laugh.   I have to agree with you.  When I saw that pot pie for $60..... I almost fell over.  

Honored Contributor

I already have an excellent one that I purchased from Bed, Bath and Beyond, it was on sale plus I used a 20% off coupon, so it was a great deal, and it is a really nice mirror........I don't remember the exact amount I spent, but it was under 50.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to admit that TSV catches my eye every year but I can't spend that $ on a mirror. The beauty guest (Megan Murray) has a variety of mirrors. I think it's the Floxite brand. I have one and it's priced budget friendly and works well.(it was a smaller size which fit in my bathroom.  I purchased a Conair 5x at BBB on slae and with a coupon. It was a deal.(This one I wanted for my vanity) I actually went to the store to compare all of the super magnifying mirrors to see the difference. Simple Human did seem to be the most well lit but the reviews are average at best (ignoring the price) I'm not sure exactly how much light do you really need to apply makeup. Is there such a thing as too much light or magnification? I don't know the answer but that

Frequent Contributor

I  have the mirror and do not  use it.     The mirror would  keep going off.   I must be  doing some wrong.   

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I ordered it in the Pink.  I love this mirror and had it before but had to return due to a problem with holding a charge after about 10 months.  That one didn't have the extra 10X mirro attachment so I am so excited for this one.  I was waiting for this TSV. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

I have problems with spending $150 for a mirror-----or $500 for a hair dryer----or $60 for a 9" chicken pot pie!!!!!   Craziness----

You made me laugh.   I have to agree with you.  When I saw that pot pie for $60..... I almost fell over.  

Totally agree.

If anyone is interested I cleaned out my purse.  I'm selling old sorry I mean vintage emery boards for $75 apiece.  Act quickly these are so rare there are only 4 to go around.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

You forgot to mention the $6,000 coffee machine.

https://www.qvc.com/Jura-GIGA-6-Automatic-Coffee-Machine.product.K400331.html?sc=SRCH

@SilleeMee You just had to mention the coffee maker, didn't you, darling?  Sigh.  Sadly, I drooled over and it and developed a wee bit of a crush.  I had forgotten about it until I saw you mention it!  Ye gads.  Smiley Happy  It's lovely....but the price isn't in my budget at the moment.  

Trusted Contributor

@fiestagirl wrote:

I ordered the $60 dupe on amazon by Miusco and have been very pleased with it. They offer a 5X/10X and a 1X/7X magnification

@fiestagirl  Thank YOU for mentioning this mirror.  A friend and I were wanting the Simple Human mirror but the reviews and price stopped us.  The one you suggest looks fabulous and much more budget friendly.  Many thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I have no room on my countertop for a mirror.  I would much prefer one that would stick on a vertical surface, but I haven't had much luck with that either.  I had a lighted one that was supposed to do that, but it wouldn't stay, so I would have to remove it every time I was finished using it.  It finally fell on the floor and messed up the light part of it.  

My vertical surface is my bi-fold closet doors which are mirrors, so it's not the surface that's the problem.  I finally settled on a small diameter stick-on mirror that I think is 5x/8x depending on the side.  I use the 5x mostly for my eye makeup and to make sure my foundation is buffed out properly.  But, even that one the suction cup will give out afer about a month and fall to the floor.  Luckily, there's usually a rug there, so no damage is done.  

What I really need to get is the reading glasses for eye makeup.  I saw a pair where you move it from side to side rather than dropping the lens down.  I'm having more and more trouble seeing to do my right eye even with the magnifying mirror.  

@Icegoddess 

Did you see these over on HSN? Clearance priced. $11 +sh.

https://www.hsn.com/products/as-is-winkz-magnifying-eye-makeup-glasses-2-pack/9304486?query=9304486&...