Esteemed Contributor

The Route skincare -- new at Ulta

I normally don't pay much attention to the Ulta ads, but this morning, one popped in touting a new skincare line, The Route:

"When a nurse practitioner and a beauty industry veteran create a skincare brand, you pay attention. That’s THE ROUTE, where medical grade standards meet luxury beauty."

"Our multi-tasking and luminous formulas are thoughtful in addressing the many reasons our skin ages so you can achieve happy, healthy and beautiful skin."
Nancy Pellegrino,
RN, MN, NP & Courtney
Baber, co-founders

There is an ingredients list on Ulta's site.  

Wondering if anyone has tried it?

Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Route skincare -- new at Ulta

No I haven't yet.It sounds like another gimmick. There are many skin care lines touted by dermatologists & plastic surgeons.Some of these lines work better than others.But in general no one has found that fountain of youth product.

All the lines have different concentrations of the same basic ingredients.It kind of comes down to personal preference.

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ 

I'm a long time Isomers user, and will likely never give it up.

But, I'm looking for a good primer, and this line has one.

While I don't wear foundation (and have not in many years), I'd like something to give my skin a smoother appearance.

My skin is in great shape, but I'd like to achieve a better finish without a lot of fuss.  

No sure Isomers has a primer, but I will check.

Esteemed Contributor

I was a little intrigued. She claims there are only a handful of things that work like botox: peptides, retinoids & acids. She also touts hydration and antioxidants.

This line is quite expensive.

Aren't we using things like this already?

Esteemed Contributor

@Harpa 

@NicksmomESQ 

I checked and Isomers does make a primer.  I'm going to give that a try first.  I have to remind myself of all the things I've tried and discarded.  Isomers gives me the best results.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

I was a little intrigued. She claims there are only a handful of things that work like botox: peptides, retinoids & acids. She also touts hydration and antioxidants.

This line is quite expensive.

Aren't we using things like this already?

@Harpa 

Yes, it is.  I'll pass.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

The retinol product looks nice. "The Golden Rule - Next Generation Retinoid"

It has shea and Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate. $85 for 1.7 oz isn't really a bargain though.

Current science on HPR: https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(18)31012-0/fulltext

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain 

@just bee 

@Harpa 

@NicksmomESQ 

I ended up buying the Isomers primer at ShopHQ. 

They had a 20% off beauty products flash sale today, so that offset the cost of shipping.

Tried posting that repeatedly, but this site kept cancelling my post.  Seems off-kilter today....frustrating!