Respected Contributor

Do you have any experiences with the line of skin care from Canada? On line reviews are good.

As I was researching acid peels, I came across this line. Their web site that describes products is detailed but somewhat hard to sort out. They have multiples of products such as retinols, C, acids, oils. So you have to read a little to decide.

The packaging is basic with very little information as to the target problem for the product. So I had to know what I wanted before shopping. 

I went to Utla and found the AHA peel for $7.00!

Trusted Contributor

Go to Beautypedia.com for reviews of skin care products/makeup.  They have a few reviews on The Ordinary.

Honored Contributor

I use the Granactive Retinoid 5% and it is really good. They are a mix and match line. It's generally best to cocktail the serums and use a different brand as your moisturizer on top. You do have to know your ingredients to make head or tail of the many products.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Contributor

I love this line! I use the Retinoid, The Buffet and the Vitamin C!  Great ingredients for such reasonable prices. I no longer spend tons of money on high end brands products that do nothing. If you know your ingredients, The Ordinary is great!

Super Contributor

I use the Glycolix  toner everyday w/no problems. The Vit. C is good, so is the very gentle Mandelic Acid; this is somewhat oily and should only be used at night.

It's a good line. Dont let prices fool you. 

Honored Contributor

I have tried quite a few of their products and really like them, and the prices are fantastic!

Valued Contributor

I love The Ordinary.  I use their Buffet. Caffiene, Argireline, and the dry powder Vit C (I mix it with my Paula's Choice moisturizer....it is always fresh and can never oxidize) every day.  You can't beat the price.

Occasional Contributor

For the past week, I have been using The Ordinary AHA peel (1x week), the lactic acid, and Vitamin C 23%.  I am 61 yrs and for many years have used Josie Maran products.  Last year she came out with some different serums.  I tried them.  It worked for a while but then seemed to stop.  My age is a factor - turning 60, I started getting age spots.  Sunday Riley  has a nice serum but it is pricey ($122.00).  It works but wanted to see if something else was out there that was not so costly.  I saw on YouTube the videos on The Ordinary.  I found the product at Ulta.  It is not going to solve the problem over night, but my skin does look brighter.  I wanted to try out this skincare line before I decide to go to  a dermotologist.    I have very dry skin due to menopause - the AHA peel doesn't dry me out.  You have to google and ask what products should not be used together.    You can incorporate these products into what ever skin care line you use.   The price of these acids/serums are unbelieveably cost effective.  It is so worth a try.

Respected Contributor

Yes, and I've been very impressed. I love their Lactic Acid, the  AHA 30% peel (that's a weekly peel), and some other serums.

I know which ingredients work best for my skin and it's nice to be able to find things that specialize in those ingredients without having a ton of other stuff in there.

Respected Contributor

I have been using this brand for a  couple yrs now and I have some winners and they are The Matryxl serum for extra hydration and so worth it. It helps with my drying and peeling since I’m using Retin A. I want to try the Buffett . I just got their face moisturizer and it sinks in quickly so it works well with my facial spf. I also have the Glycolic Acid and love it as well. Good Luck and I hope you can find a few products that you will love.