Esteemed Contributor

I ordered The Ordinary lactic acid 10%, HA exfoliating serum. It should arrive Thursday. I've never tried anything by The Ordinary before, and hope that the hype is real. I set up an account with Sephora to get free shipping. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw - I recently bought the lactic acid serum too.  Haven't used it long enough to be able to review it but I have had no problems with it irritating my skin or anything like that.  Know there are quite a few people on the Board who use The Ordinary products so hopefully they will chime in soon.

Honored Contributor

I like TO b/c I can buy singled-out ingredients and know exactly how much of it is in there...'transparency'. The company was recently purchased by EL, not a cruelty-free company, but according to what I read on TO's website TO remains cruelty-free so I will continue making purchases from them.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

The  hype IS real.  Take it from someone who's been using their products for 3 years.  I found them thru my YT skincare guru James Welsh.  He's moved on to other brands (he has to, that's how he makes a living by reviewing products).  I have not tried the lactic acid but I get that thru the Kiehls in this product...A gentle exfoliating toner with LHA, a salicylic acid derivative, that refines skin's texture to reveal visibly smoother, softer, and brighter skin.  Try their niacinamide too.  I also use their Buffet w/ Copper Peptides.  

The Ordinary - "Buffet" + Copper Peptides 1% 1 oz/ 30 mL