Trusted Contributor

The Ordinary skin care products

I am new to this line and the prices are crazy low. That doesn't always mean anything. Has anyone tried any products that they are really impressed with? I was looking at the retinol, the buffet and some other items but know you ladies are the experts. Any input on this? Thanks.
Honored Contributor

Re: The Ordinary skin care products

I'm not familiar with this particular line but I do know that Retinol, etc. is expensive to incorporate into these products so the level of Retinol is important to know.  The more Retinol, usually the more effectiveness.  They can advertise a "Retinol Cream" by law and have virtually little Retinol in it.  I try to find out how much is involved, but it's extremely difficult.  

BTW, I have been buying a "Retinol Cream" from Sam's Club.  It's a huge vat of it for around $12.  I haven't seen any improvement typical of Retinol, but for the money I really like the cream and use it all over.... Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@KCDiva  I am slowly switching over to this line. The products I currently have are:

Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 - I use this in the morning and at night. It sinks right in and is very hydrating. Love this item.

Matrixyl 10% -  I use this 3 nights a week when I don't use the Vitamin C. Usually on M-W-F at night. 

Vitamin C 23%- I use this just on my forehead and cheeks. This has made a difference in the brightness of my skin. I use this at least 2 times a week and only at night. It's a little gritty so I leave it on for a little while before I apply moisturizer and then the gritty feel is gone. 

Argireline Solution 10%- I think this has really helped the area between my brows and my forehead. I also apply this to the fine lines around my lips. I have fuller lips, but this has really helped the skin around my lips. I do this at night also. 

My most recent purchase has been the AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution - this peel is good. I only one this on Sunday evenings and you can feel it, but it's not unbearable. I do not have sensitive skin either. It's to be left on for no longer than 10 minutes and rinsed off with lukewarm water. My skin is smooth after rinsing and I only apply my moisturizer after this as I don't want to over do it. 

Wayne Goss has another new video talking about this line. I am in preventive mode and I know that the 1 line that is between my brows, which has improved, is not going away with anything topical. HTH. I really suggest watching his videos because he is honest and gives his recommendations. I watched his first one he put out a couple weeks ago, but need to watch his new one. Sorry for the long post. 🙂

Trusted Contributor

Thank you. I was looking at some of the products you mention. This line is extremely affordable and I want to give a few things a try. I will definitely check out the video. Thanks again.
Respected Contributor

@KCDiva  I just got the buffet, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid.  I have been using it for a few weeks.  I like the niacinamide and the buffet.  I am not sure about the hyaluronic acid yet.  It doesn't feel that hydrating to me. But I know for all skin care, I need to give it more time to give a honest review.  But for now, I feel like these are good serums to add to my skincare routine. And I like how you can costomize according to what your skin needs.

Honored Contributor

I bought several items they have,the buffet is good, moisturizer so so,the vit c just was not good for me,i few i have not used yet.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I ordered the retinol, the glycolic toner, alpha lipoic and a couple other things to get free shipping. I watched several You Tube videos and picked out some things to try. I am really anxious to get it. Thanks ladies.
Respected Contributor

I bought a lot of the skin care, including this eye care set.

My favorite YouTube MU artist, Wayne Goss loves this line because the whole premise is high end skin care at bargain basement prices.

He just posted about some of the skin care products-and there is more to come. Thankfully!

You do need to read the descriptions in full: not all of these can be used daily.

One of the things I do love are the primers-both of them. They are unlike any primers I have ever used.....amazing.

I wish their production could keep up with the demand for their foundations.

I love the concepts of this company-and I hope they enjoy huge success! The staff biographies are posted and there is a wide range of talent. It's refreshing!

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

I will have to try the primers later. Yes the prices are amazing. I will read how often you should be using each one and if it's an AM or PM or both. 

Respected Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

I will have to try the primers later. Yes the prices are amazing. I will read how often you should be using each one and if it's an AM or PM or both. 

@KCDiva  Their website has information about the order in which the products can be applied. Just some FYI. I hope you enjoy them as I have!