Honored Contributor

Re: The Ordinary's BHA (30%) and AHA (2%) Peeling Solution

@SilleeMee probably a dumb question....could this product be used on the back of the hands for lightening age/sun spots....I also have a spot on my face that needs attention...it's really bugging me.

I sure wish someone would come out with a product that could be used on the actual dark spots and not an all over the face/hands.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee probably a dumb question....could this product be used on the back of the hands for lightening age/sun spots....I also have a spot on my face that needs attention...it's really bugging me.

I sure wish someone would come out with a product that could be used on the actual dark spots and not an all over the face/hands.

@Mom2Dogs 

Not a dumb question all all! I was thinking about that earlier...about using it on my arms where I have a lot of spots and sun damage. Of course the back of the hands, too. 

There are many spot-treatment products on the market. Look around for 'dark spot treatment' and you'll see many. 

Honored Contributor

SkinCeuticals Advanced Pigment Corrector, this is about $70.00. I have been thinking about it for a while, but have  not purchased, seems expensive...

Thanks, @SilleeMee ...I don"t want to hijack the OP's thread.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess  - If you go directy to The Ordinary's site, it sells for $7.20.  There are many reviews too. 

Respected Contributor

Re: The Ordinary's BHA (2%) and AHA (30%) Peeling Solution

I was using the Alpha renewing cream with 12% GA but found it stung my face and I couldn't leave it on for more than a few minutes.  Oddly enough, my neck can tolerate it so I'm using it up on my neck. I'm currently using The Ordinary 7% GA toner every other night alternating with my tretinoin but I don't think it's doing much. There's no way I'd be able to use 30% GA. I think, as @SilleeMee pointed out, the sweet spot would probably be 10%.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Ordinary's BHA (2%) and AHA (30%) Peeling Solution

@Texasmouse wrote:

I was using the Alpha renewing cream with 12% GA but found it stung my face and I couldn't leave it on for more than a few minutes.  Oddly enough, my neck can tolerate it so I'm using it up on my neck. I'm currently using The Ordinary 7% GA toner every other night alternating with my tretinoin but I don't think it's doing much. There's no way I'd be able to use 30% GA. I think, as @SilleeMee pointed out, the sweet spot would probably be 10%.

@Texasmouse  - @SilleeMee  said 10% is a sweet spot for an overnight GA.  This 30% is a peel for 10 minutes.  However, if I were to try it, I would leave it on for a few minutes instead of the entire 10 minutes.

Valued Contributor

I love this!  I only use it once a week (at most), and it is important to rinse off after 8-10 minutes. 

I have mature sensitive skin, and this leaves my skin glowing.  My makeup goes on beautifully the next day!  

Two other products I love from this line are the Niacinamide and Matrixyl.  

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

I love this!  I only use it once a week (at most), and it is important to rinse off after 8-10 minutes. 

I have mature sensitive skin, and this leaves my skin glowing.  My makeup goes on beautifully the next day!  

Good to know @Swedishmiss .  Thanks for chiming in.  I'm motivated with the $7.20 pricetag also.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee   Thank you for explaining this! So helpful! ❤️😊

Respected Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

@Swedishmiss  @San Antonio Gal   I love the Matryxl from The Ordinary! It feels so good when applying it and it’s so hydrating for my skin! I use it all over but I really focus it aroubd my mouth and under my eyes. I love it! I always have a back up.  🙂