Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm a little late to the party, but I just started to read about this line. I noticed Sephora has the product line, very reasonable prices. Does anyone use any of the products, are there any products you could recommend?TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: The Ordinary Skincare Line

I like the High Adherence Silicone Primer.  Normally I can’t use lots of silicone filled primers because they either feel weird on my face and/or they make me break out, but the one works well for me.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I like the High Adherence Silicone Primer.  Normally I can’t use lots of silicone filled primers because they either feel weird on my face and/or they make me break out, but the one works well for me.  

@JeanLouiseFinch, I was looking at the product The Buffet and a serum with retinol. I guess at the prices it's worth it to take a chance.

Honored Contributor

If you're interested in Rose Hip oil, The Ordinary is a good place to purchase.  High quality - great reviews - under 10.00.

100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil - 30ml

Trusted Contributor

The two products I like are the argeriline serum and buffet.  Their foundations are also fantastic.  Sephora carries online as does beautylish.  

I have the primer but don't use it very often.  Its fine as primers go, if you use them you will probably like theirs. 

Can't beat the prices- 

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  I've had a few things I want to try.  I'm going to order directly from them though because they have a 365 day return policy.  I don't think Sephora will match that. 😛

@JeanLouiseFinch that's one of the things I want to try.  And either the rose hip oil or the squalane oil.  @San Antonio Gal have you tried them?

Esteemed Contributor

The Ordinary 2% salicylic acid is good. So is the 10% lactic acid with HA (hyaluronic acid). I haven't tried the 5% one because it's always sold out. Both are liquid solutions in dropper bottles.

Marula oil - This is a nice facial oil which I've given to my daughter but I occasionally use this too. This is in a dropper bottle too.

These ones are OK but I don't really notice a difference - these are all liquid solutions in dropper bottles:

Argireline solution

Alpha -arbutin solution

Matrixyl solution 10%

Here are ones I didn't like:

7% glycolic acid toning solution -- stings quite a bit if you have broken skin from squeezing zits or irritated skin from manual exfoliation. This is a big 8 oz bottle. I decluttered it this month as I just didn't like it at all.

Vitamin C suspension 23% in a tube. This is a gritty cream which doesn't play nicely with other skin care items. I decluttered it last year.

Respected Contributor

I’ve tried a number of their products, due to the cheap prices, and have not been wowed by a single one. Nice packaging though, for the low price point. They had some trouble at Sephora. They were selling them, then they stopped, then they came back to not much fanfare. Who knows. 

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2  I have tried the buffet, Hyaluronic acid, and the rosehip oil from the Ordinary.  The prices are good, but I find that the products by themselves doesn't really do the job. So, I had to add them to my existing moisturizers.  So, it end up not being so economical when you have to use multiple products to make it work.