Honored Contributor

The Ordinary Serum Foundation

If you can spare $6.70 for a foundation, DO IT.  I just took a chance on this because I love all the other products from TO and was looking for a sheer foundation/tint.  As much as I wanted to like/keep UD's HydroManiac, I just couldn't get the right color.  One neutral shade was too dark and the next neutral shade down was too light and considering the price difference, I'm not sad about it!  I would choose TO's serum over UD's anyway.  You can still see my skin thru it which is amazing since it has this incredible coverage while at the same time looking like skin.  It's very thin.  Almost watery like.  I think when I run out of my Hourglass primer (just opened a bottle) I'll try their primer too.  It just dawned on me that I applied this to an UN primed and unmoisturized face and it STILL went on nice Smiley Happy  Only thing I had on was an essence.

emoji at work

Honored Contributor

Re: The Ordinary Serum Foundation

@monicakm What is "TO"?

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 It is the brand name. The Ordinary.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@rms1954 It is the brand name. The Ordinary.

Oh.  OK.  Thanks.  

Honored Contributor

I know they receive high ratings and their ingredients are clean for this brand.  I will have to check out foundation.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I ended up checking out the Ordinary serum but decided to try Morphe which was $18 but is sweatproof/waterproof which I really like.  It is the Hint Hint Tint which is light to medium coverage.  I think once you have a sweatproof foundation that is all you want (I know that's how I am.)

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

I would marry a sweatproof foundation!!! lol  I have sweat plenty today but not to a point of dripping.  I haven't checked my makeup lately tho.  I've had plenty of foundations that claim to be sweatproof and as long as I don't wipe them (just dab), they usually look ok once I've cooled down.  Revlon Colorstay was one and EL Doublewear was another.  I work hard at NOT sweating but living in  NE Texas + thyroid medication, I don't stand a chance Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I take quite a few medications thus the heating up and also my breathing problem so it helps me to have a sweatproof/waterproof foundation.  NOthing is 100% but once the foundation dries it does not transfer.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

If you can spare $6.70 for a foundation, DO IT.  I just took a chance on this because I love all the other products from TO and was looking for a sheer foundation/tint.  As much as I wanted to like/keep UD's HydroManiac, I just couldn't get the right color.  One neutral shade was too dark and the next neutral shade down was too light and considering the price difference, I'm not sad about it!  I would choose TO's serum over UD's anyway.  You can still see my skin thru it which is amazing since it has this incredible coverage while at the same time looking like skin.  It's very thin.  Almost watery like.  I think when I run out of my Hourglass primer (just opened a bottle) I'll try their primer too.  It just dawned on me that I applied this to an UN primed and unmoisturized face and it STILL went on nice Smiley Happy  Only thing I had on was an essence.

emoji at work

@monicakm Thanks for the review. I love The Ordinary and their products! Their primer is fabulous!!!!!! Try it, you will love it. I will have to give this a try as well..... 

Honored Contributor

I've never tried this particular foundation but it's funny that these types of sheer to light coverage products are all the rage.

It seems every company under the sun has come out with a tinted moisturizer or serum foundation. I did try the Flower Beauty Get Real Serum Foundation and I wasn't a fan.

I'm interested in trying some of the drugstore options but I also own the Pur tinted moisturizer and for as often as I would wear something like this, that is probably all I need.  But we'll see.