Respected Contributor

The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density

[ Edited ]

The Ordinary Multi Pepside for hair Density has worked very well for me. First, my blood is checked often for a previous condition & all is well.

My hair type is fine med. density high porosity hair. I was experiencing more shedding & breakage than normal. I also have not used any new hair products at all. I have only been using it for 2 wks. & my shedding is back to normal for me.

This scalp serum has natural good ingred's for scalp health. There are mixed reviews. I did do a patch test before applying. It does make the roots feel a bit denser which I believe has helped the excess shedding.

Some claim it make baby hairs grow longer & some grow new baby hair. Some use it on thinning areas only.

The problem is that it is not explained on directions how to properly use the serum. I part my hair & use 2 drops on each part all over my head. The serum is quite watery. 

I will continue to use it & hope it continues to work as well using only 2 wks.! So those of you who are having issues should give it a try for at least 3 to 6 months to show if it does work well for you. Its only 17 & change. I bought if at Ulta but its sold on their website as well.

ETA: The product contains Redenyl which improves hair density.

Procapil which increases blood flow. 

Baciapil which increases the look of hair density.

It also has peptides, caffeine & castor oil.

Its a leave on treatment.

2.0 oz bottle for 17.90 & on the sephora site they list all ingred's HTH 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density

Keep us posted. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I like this serum as well, have been using it for several months. IMO it's especially nice that it doesn't make my hair oily.  I usually fill the dropper, address key spots near my temples, then run the rest all over my scalp and follow up with a scalp massage either with my fingers, a scalp massaging tool, or a quick brush through if it's late and I just want it done quickly.  Even though I've had success with this product, I'm still going to try a laser cap and see what happens, if it can cause faster growth and a thicker effect.  🤞

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch I am glad it works for you. I hope you will get good results with a laser cap!

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart  Thank You & I will update.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I like this serum as well, have been using it for several months. IMO it's especially nice that it doesn't make my hair oily.  I usually fill the dropper, address key spots near my temples, then run the rest all over my scalp and follow up with a scalp massage either with my fingers, a scalp massaging tool, or a quick brush through if it's late and I just want it done quickly.  Even though I've had success with this product, I'm still going to try a laser cap and see what happens, if it can cause faster growth and a thicker effect.  🤞

Every day??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Every day??

@Judaline Yes, I apply nightly. 

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  That was @Judaline who asked you that question. As for myself I wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week. They advise to use on a clean scalp. If I don't use any other product on my scalp then I will use it even tho I do not shampoo everyday. 

I am working my way up to every night. I am going on my 3rd week & using it 3 times a wk. Yes, messaging it in is good for blood flow. I just use my fingers & gently message. 

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  That was @Judaline who asked you that question. As for myself I wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week. They advise to use on a clean scalp. If I don't use any other product on my scalp then I will use it even tho I do not shampoo everyday. 

I am working my way up to every night. I am going on my 3rd week & using it 3 times a wk. Yes, messaging it in is good for blood flow. I just use my fingers & gently message. 

Thanks, I corrected the tag.  

Honored Contributor

If you already own a copper peptide serum then you can try that on your scalp. CP is a known hair-growth substance which has been used in many hair/scalp treatments for hair loss for years. It works very similar to minoxidil where those products increase blood flow to hair follicles, stimulating hair growth and hair shaft size by increasing the follicle size itself. It won't make new follicles but will stimulate dormant as well as active ones.

I used Isomers CP serum on my scalp, lashes and brows for a few years and got some improvement but it was slow and required constant application. Another thing I noticed while using CP on my face, as it is intended to use, is that I got noticeably more peach fuzz on my face which was not what I wanted! So I stopped using the CP altogether. I'm now using a laser cap with much success.