Trusted Contributor

The Ordinary 1% retinol is serious

My skin is not sensitive at all. I can use anything. I have been all in on The Ordinary skin care line. I have almost everything. The prices are ridiculous and it's 3 day free shipping on orders over $35. Plus I love the products. It's not that it's just inexpensive. But to anyone who is looking for a serious retinol try The Ordinary 1% retinol. I tried using it like I use everything because I don't really have sensitive skin. Then I noticed I was overdoing it. I backed completely off for a few days to let everything calm down and I'm fine but I will continue once or twice a week only. I can use the 2% retinoid serum every day no problem. They are about $6 and are great along with their other products. I've used retin a and most recently Consult Beaute and that did nothing. I threw it away. Just a recommendation. I always like a recommendation.
Respected Contributor

Re: The Ordinary 1% retinol is serious

Thanks for the heads up! I love it! The Hylamide is amazing: have you tried it yet????

I have many of their products.....that I haven't begun to use yet. I want to make sure I use them correctly: it's a matter of me going back to Deciem, reading, and labeling! I love this company!

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

@Poodlepet2 no I haven't tried that. It looks interesting. I have my hands full getting things labeled and getting a routine together for when to use what. Yes you do have to read and research what works well with what. I was just blown away by the retinol.  My skin is tough as a boot from decades of tanning so things don't usually bother me. I am really seeing benefits that i haven't seen with other products that I have spend 10 times the money on. Yes I am pleased with this company. 

Respected Contributor

@KCDiva, lets keep our eyes on Wayne Goss: he did promise more videos explaining The Ordinary-particularly the skin care.

He did a video explaining foundation choices-and he gushed over the foundation. That being said, I read some reviews posted on this forum that were not so enthusiastic.

Have you tried any of those yet?

Thanks for sharing,

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

No I haven't tried the foundation. I have heard varying reviews. I go have a primer that people have raved about. Yes I watched his you tube videos. I will say that when they sell out of something it takes awhile to get it back in. I don't know that much about this line but so far I like and it certainly doesn't break the bank. 

Respected Contributor

@KCDiva@Poodlepet2  I just reordered the Hyalauronic Acid from Beautylish. I do have the serum foundation and I really like it. It's not heavy, its pigmented and it wears well. I don't have a lot of "stuff" to cover, and I don't like the feel of cakey foundation. It comes with a pump and it's priced better than drugstore! Can't beat that!