Respected Contributor

The Nick Chavez Volumizing shampoo

Just want to share that I took the plunge and got Nick Chavez's most recent tsv which included the shampoo, conditioner and hairspray. Now, I have used WEN pretty much exclusively for the past few years, with only a break every now and again when I did not have any on hand. My hair is in better shape now than ever. However, WEN is becoming cost prohibitive, despite my love for it. So I decided to just try his line to see how it worked. I have washed my hair three times so far with this volumizing kit. I will say that it leaves my hair full, soft and manageable without any dryness. The hairspray is awesome. He is right...it gives you what you need with no stiffness. I dont use hairspray often, but when I do, I don't like my hair to feel like a helmet. So far, I'm really, really liking it. Will see how it goes after a few weeks. So for 52 and change I got the shampoo and conditioner, both 32oz and a big hairspray. Considering I pay almost that for One 32ounce WEN..ouch, I'm hoping to love it.

Super Contributor

Re: The Nick Chavez Volumizing shampoo

@bmorechick, I'm so glad you're liking Nick's products so far!  The TSV was a really incredible deal, and I bought one for myself.  I've been using only Nick's products for 17 years now, and my hair is healthy and shiny.  Here's hoping that you'll continue to love the products and have a great weekend.  Smiley Happy

Janice

Occasional Contributor

Unlike you I have not been using WEN ( I did use it for a month or two and my once thick healthy hair was on the floor) that being said this shampoo and conditioner is wonderful. My hair is shiny easy to manage soft etc etc 

i am so glad I not only tried  this product . Thank you 

Honored Contributor

Love these products.  Didn't order the TSV, since I already had a stash. 

Respected Contributor

Well, I'm glad to hear all this good stuff about Nick's products.  I also bought the last TSV but haven't tried the shampoo and conditioner yet, but I'm ansious to try them.  The hair spray made my hair shiny.  Unlike others, I DO like the hold it gives my hair; otherwise it's "tickling" my cheeks all day and I can't stand it.  Anyone else have this problem?  TIA

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am loving the TSV too!!  My hair is so fine and this gives it shine and volume. Haven't used the hairspray yet. I have the Amazon, Plump and Thick and Volumniing hairsprays and love them all. I also bought the pouf duo and volumnizing mist/hairspray duo. I absolutely loved the old Volumniizing mist, so I hope this new version is a good. Thank you Nick!!

Trusted Contributor

I've been using Wen for several months now & love it but don't love the cost. I used Nick's products years ago & loved them. Figured this was a great deal so I'd give it a try.

First day I liked it but tried it 2 more times & my hair was frizzy & hard to style. I'm still experimenting with what styling products to use with Nick's shampoo & conditioner. Not ready to throw in the towel yet but went back to Wen yesterday & there's really no comparison for me. It's probably the leave-in & styling creme with Wen that makes the difference for me. Seems to make my hair easier to blow dry & style. I really hate returning stuff so I'll give it a couple more tries. 

Frequent Contributor

I tried Nick's products for the first time and I'm loving this TSV, too! My hair is so shiny after using the shampoo and conditioner, it's not nearly as greasy the second day, and the hairspray gives enough lift and Hold without being a helmet. Really happy I got this on auto delivery Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

Just want to share that I took the plunge and got Nick Chavez's most recent tsv which included the shampoo, conditioner and hairspray. Now, I have used WEN pretty much exclusively for the past few years, with only a break every now and again when I did not have any on hand. My hair is in better shape now than ever. However, WEN is becoming cost prohibitive, despite my love for it. So I decided to just try his line to see how it worked. I have washed my hair three times so far with this volumizing kit. I will say that it leaves my hair full, soft and manageable without any dryness. The hairspray is awesome. He is right...it gives you what you need with no stiffness. I dont use hairspray often, but when I do, I don't like my hair to feel like a helmet. So far, I'm really, really liking it. Will see how it goes after a few weeks. So for 52 and change I got the shampoo and conditioner, both 32oz and a big hairspray. Considering I pay almost that for One 32ounce WEN..ouch, I'm hoping to love it.

Hello, bmorechick. Smiley Happy

I'm glad Nick's products are working well for you and I hope it continues to work well for you.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Valued Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

I've been using Wen for several months now & love it but don't love the cost. I used Nick's products years ago & loved them. Figured this was a great deal so I'd give it a try.

First day I liked it but tried it 2 more times & my hair was frizzy & hard to style. I'm still experimenting with what styling products to use with Nick's shampoo & conditioner. Not ready to throw in the towel yet but went back to Wen yesterday & there's really no comparison for me. It's probably the leave-in & styling creme with Wen that makes the difference for me. Seems to make my hair easier to blow dry & style. I really hate returning stuff so I'll give it a couple more tries. 

I had the same problem with the shampoo and conditioner -- my hair seemed dry, a bit frizzy and the overall look after blow drying wasn't what I expected.  I also had concerns about it fading my color.  I went back to Matrix and sent the TSV back -- no regrets!