Respected Contributor

Re: The Nick Chavez Volumizing shampoo

I was wanting this but I am already drowning in shampoo.  To make it worse i accidentally ordered the same shampoo sets like 5 times on amazon  in error  and getting a big shipment of suave LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I confess that you will find more than one brand of shampoo and conditioner in my bathroom. Nick's products have been part of my arsenal since he came to QVC. I was thrilled to get his volumizing shampoo and conditioner in large sizes along Thirst Quencher Hairspray (my favorite). My hair always feels revived when I am in a period where Nick's shampoo and conditioner is being used.  With the volumizing set my fine, limp, kinky curls were fluffed out more, shiney, and soft.  I used Flocker and the hairspray, so that may attribute to the enhanced shine.

The value of this set goes without saying.  For those of us who find the products effective, the price per ounce is equal to drugstore pricing for high quality haircare.   

Contributor

I've been using this shampoo conditioner and hairspray all week. I absolutely love it. I only need to use a small amount. What I've noticed is that I have hardly any hair that comes out after using this whereas with other products, there's hair in my drain each time. I didn't need more shampoo and cond. but didn't want to pass up on this deal. 

Respected Contributor

@Trix wrote:

I confess that you will find more than one brand of shampoo and conditioner in my bathroom. Nick's products have been part of my arsenal since he came to QVC. I was thrilled to get his volumizing shampoo and conditioner in large sizes along Thirst Quencher Hairspray (my favorite). My hair always feels revived when I am in a period where Nick's shampoo and conditioner is being used.  With the volumizing set my fine, limp, kinky curls were fluffed out more, shiney, and soft.  I used Flocker and the hairspray, so that may attribute to the enhanced shine.

The value of this set goes without saying.  For those of us who find the products effective, the price per ounce is equal to drugstore pricing for high quality haircare.  

Hi @Trix!

Totally relate to bottles of different brands which can be found in my shower.  To be fair many of them are different Wen fragrances.  I gave my middle grandaughter almost full NC Volumizing shampoo & conditioner in large light blue bottles-- the same masssive sizes as the TSV.  This was quite a while back.  My DD said her hair was thinning.  Last time I saw her she had a thick, lush head of glorious mane- possibly attributed to using this combo?  Who knows.  We're all fairly fickle when it comes to hair products.  I do wish I'd saved out a small bottle of both, as it was only used 2 or 3x.   Glad to hear everyone seems to be doing well will this trio.  No doubt it's a great value!  I still have his leave-in volumizing tx.

Respected Contributor

I have used Nick's products for a long time! I do rotate products alot as well, but there is always something of Nick's in the arsenal! I am so glad I picked up the TSV! Great value and great hair!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I also use a variety of shampoos and conditioners, but NC volumizing has become one of my favorites.  I do see more volumne in my hair when I use it.  I use 2 Unite products after washing my hair: 7 Seconds  (a leave in detangler and heat protectant) and Razor Straight, and a Pantene thickening serum.  I like smooth hair with volumne, and these products help me get that.  

Valued Contributor

I am also enjoying positive changes to my hair with the NC TSV!  I don't feel product in my hair, its shiny and silky.

I am also getting into the scent it leaves!     It smells "green"....anyone know what plant?

Trusted Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

Well, I'm glad to hear all this good stuff about Nick's products.  I also bought the last TSV but haven't tried the shampoo and conditioner yet, but I'm ansious to try them.  The hair spray made my hair shiny.  Unlike others, I DO like the hold it gives my hair; otherwise it's "tickling" my cheeks all day and I can't stand it.  Anyone else have this problem?  TIA

Yes, and what a GREAT way of putting it!  I DO NOT like the 'look' of the hold so I strategically spray on the undersides of the face framing portion of my hair ONLY, allowing the remainder of my hair throughout have movement.

It is more like a constant 'itching' I feel all day which is even more irritating - thank you for sharing!

Frequent Contributor

I just tried this for the first time. I have fine, thinning, poker straight hair. When I first used it, I thought it was going back to QVC because my hair felt soft and silky in the shower. To my surprise, when my hair dried (naturally), it had some volume to it.  I don't do much with my hair because I have such a sensitive scalp and lose hair so easily. Nick seems to have found the perfect balance of having moisture while promoting volume. I find most volumizing shampoos are very drying. This was not. Glad I tried it.