Trusted Contributor

The New Laura Geller Filter liquid makeup is excellent.

I bought her new foundation in buff. I usually wear IT CC or Bye Bye foundations in Light, but they never dry down all the way even when I fan myself and let the makeup set for 10 to 15 minutes. I am tired of that.

So, I gave the new Laura Geller liquid makeup a chance and I am very satisfied. I put it over my Josie Maran sunscreen moisturizer spf 47 and it is nice and smooth. 

I have been wearing IT cosmetics exclusively for two years  now and I am almost finished with the few items I have left. I think I may buy a few of Laura Gellers baked products to replace the IT as I finish them.

I am particuarly sick of my IT je ne se quios blush and lip products.

Contributor

Re: The New Laura Geller Filter liquid makeup is excellent.

I also purchased this foundation and I love it.  I got the shade Ivory shade which is a perfect match for my skin.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Squirrel Lover  The only LG I've tried is the Balance & Brighten.  I loved the way it looked, but, unfortunately, the formula broke me out.  If it agrees with your skin, it's a great product!  I might try a sample of the liquid.  Maybe it will work for me!

I've been usine IT's Bye Bye Undereye for a few years.  The recent tubes I've purchased have been half full.  I'll be looking to switch brands when I run out.

As for foundation, I purchased the Bare Minerals BarePro liquid foundation a few months ago, and really like it.  It's light weight, has good coverage, AND agrees with my skin.   

Trusted Contributor

@Squirrel Lover Thank you for sharing your experience with the new Laura Geller liquid makeup.  I have been trying to decide whether or not to give it a try.  I used a Laura Geller foundation several years ago but switched to Bare Escentuals mineral foundation when it became all the rage.  I have been wanting to go back to a liquid for the past year, I'll try this with confidence.  Thanks again!

Contributor

I also purchased the new foundation in buff.  I must say I really like it. While I still love my balance n brighten for everday use at home.  When I want a more finished polished look I will be using the new foundation.  Love the finish.  Doen't feel heavy and I don't feel like I need to go wash my face like some foundations make me feel.

Respected Contributor

I am obsessed with her bronze and brighten -- so good - highly recommend - just  brightens up the face   Right now I have Real Deal Concelear, but as soon as I finish with these I might try and new foundation ---yes I have used Real Deal as foundatiojn.  You don't really need much

Respected Contributor

Got mine today; tried it and it’s great. Does not feel heavy and the finish looks like skin. I usually dislike the feel of liquid foundation. I dont even know I’m wearing this. The foam applicator is worth the price of the kit!

Honored Contributor

Count me in on being impressed with this new foundation as well.  I didn't want the tsv so I found the foundation alone elsewhere and ordered it in Beige.  I'm a light-medium.  The Beige is a tiny bit dark/yellow on me but not so bad that I can't work with it.  I really like the finish and how it lasts.  Knowing I like that part, I went ahead and ordered a Buff off Laura's website since I got a pop-up offer of a discount and free shipping.

Honored Contributor

OMG, @Squirrel Lover thank you for starting this thread!

I purchased the Cognac in LG's new Filter First liquid foundation and I love it! Heart  It is a rare day that a QVC brand can get deeper foundation shades correct (Bare Minerals does a great job too, but only on their own website, not what QVC carries on their website).

It feels beautiful going on the face.  I apply all liquid foundations with my fingers, and this is no exception.  However, the applicator included in the set is perfect for adding a touch more foundation under the eyes to get rid of darkness under there.  I don't need concealer with this foundation!  I only used concealer under my eyes for a little darkness, but still, this eliminates that extra product and step completely.

The mascara is rich, but not gooey or clumpy; it goes on smooth and luxuriously.  The lipstick is a very nice autumn color in that it's a bit bolder than color I typically wear in the summer months.  It's still not harsh at all, and has a subtleness to it even though it's a darker hue.

I only bought this set to give it a chance, without much confidence in it at all.  I love Laura Geller's Golden Apricot blush, as it's the only one I will wear.   

Respected Contributor

Thank you @Squirrel Lover and everyone who gave a review.  I am going to give this foundation a try in the future. (I still have a few bottles and tubes of different foundations to use up first).