Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have to have symmetry so I part my hair down the middle. Always have.

download (1).jpg

Soooo cute @SilleeMee .  I don't have a problem with parts down the middle.  It just appears to have become uniform for lots of women.  Side part every now and again looks good.  How about no part?  I watch tv and notice all the actresses with parts down the middle.  Geeez.  AA women do it too.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

The ladies in your OP are all gorgeous and wear the middle part very well @gertrudecloset .   I have a side part, but I will try a middle part tomorrow. 

I have no doubt you will be able to rock you part down the middle @San Antonio Gal .....

It's just everywhere.  Everywhere, like all the women are stepford or something.  LOL.

Respected Contributor

Re: The New Hair Uniform!!!

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@nyc1 Oh do tell! Your opinion only! I wore a center part since high school and it looks quite well on me. 

I didn't say on YOU, I said on MOST.  How nice that you are one of the lucky ones who can pull off the look @Love my grandkids.  Of course it's my opinion, when it's coming from me!

Esteemed Contributor

See the source image

Ciara always, always has a version of a part.  Either longer or shorter.

See the source image

Honored Contributor

I disagree.  I can find pics of women with side, off center, or messy parts, and post them too. 🤷‍♀️

CBEDA6FB-D675-42C0-A353-1253E1D60CA4.jpeg

6C104000-5148-49A8-94AF-64BFCED87269.jpeg

52B02F3A-C6CA-4CB5-958D-ECFBB8732C99.jpeg

E4B45F35-EA9F-4909-890E-7B11DD5A997F.jpeg

CBBD939B-A3D5-4D1E-B424-C0644C7A1C7E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

download (1).jpg

Soooo cute @SilleeMee .  I don't have a problem with parts down the middle.  It just appears to have become uniform for lots of women.  Side part every now and again looks good.  How about no part?  I watch tv and notice all the actresses with parts down the middle.  Geeez.  AA women do it too.

The only time I wear no part is when I have my hair up in a pony.  Maybe when I had longer hair and put it up in a bun or using a French comb (which my hairdresser hated), but it was still usually swept to one side.

Honored Contributor

Ciara is so beautiful @gertrudecloset .

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch Yay for these women who bucked the trend.  I forgot to mention that the vast majority of the women in the public eye with these parts down the middle (or not) are wearing some type of wigs or extensions.

The women in your photos are lovely and the styles look good on them.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

download (1).jpg

and I must say you look lovely @SilleeMee 😊

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The New Hair Uniform!!!

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Ciara is so beautiful @gertrudecloset .

She's alright @San Antonio Gal .  This has been her hairstyle uniform going on ninety years now.  LOL.  You gotta know what she's wearing is a lace front or extensions right?