Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset   Wigs most always have a part 

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover 

THANK YOU for posting that link ....

I recall my mother telling me about chignons, bobs, snoods and whatever.  It also explains her almost-obsession with curls and waves, lol.   I still remember her putting those pink sponge rollers and spoolies in our hair. 

I'm still not sure what a "bob" is, though.  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Couple years ago Gen Z Girls decreed the Side Parts are OUT and make you look "old".

Middle Parts are "IN".

They directed this edict toward  Millenial Girls.

Esteemed Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

Couple years ago Gen Z Girls decreed the Side Parts are OUT and make you look "old".

Middle Parts are "IN".

They directed this edict toward  Millenial Girls.

You got that right @CatsyCline .  It certainly is a generational trend.  Most younger women I see have the part down the middle.  I think it also has a lot to do with the fact that women have access to some stuff that was reserved for theater once upon a time.  Not to mention Korea made buying one of the most popular fibers to mimic hair to speed it along.  Wigs were likely primarily for show business and stage.  Now women from all walks of life can wear them to change their looks!  Younger women are setting the trends ~ us older women will either follow or not.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@gertrudecloset   Wigs most always have a part 

No, that's not true.  Some of the photos that another OP shared of older women wearing wigs have no parts.  There are many QVC hosts wearing wigs.  I know a wig when I see one @SeaMaiden 

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I disagree.  I can find pics of women with side, off center, or messy parts, and post them too. 🤷‍♀️

CBEDA6FB-D675-42C0-A353-1253E1D60CA4.jpeg

6C104000-5148-49A8-94AF-64BFCED87269.jpeg

52B02F3A-C6CA-4CB5-958D-ECFBB8732C99.jpeg

E4B45F35-EA9F-4909-890E-7B11DD5A997F.jpeg

CBBD939B-A3D5-4D1E-B424-C0644C7A1C7E.jpeg

@SeaMaiden These are wigs!

Esteemed Contributor

Fashion Layered Cut Short Women Synthetic Wig With Side Bang, Chin ...

Pin on BOB WIGS FOR BLACK WOMEN

Check the lace on this mannequin head !

Middle part Loose wave style bob human hair 13x6 lace front wigs for ...

Vivica Fox (below) has her own line of wigs for years and she has many, many styles.  Sher Sheppard a line for a hot minute but they would sell quickly.  So many wig and hair accesory places online too.  If I buy a would like to go look at it.

Vivica A. Fox - Hollywood Life

Honored Contributor

Never heard of a "hair uniform."

Honored Contributor

Some of these longer hair extensions seem too long.  For example, Courtney's K's extensions are the longest she's ever had.  I can't imagine having to deal with so much hair.

As far as Lisa Rhinna, I think she looks great with short hair.  

Regular Contributor

Who wants their hair to be a uniform? I think your hair going to the side looks very cute on you. Why would you change it? I wish people would do their own thing rather than follow the crowd. We actually have too many people wearing the same old look. Remember when women had short hair, medium, and long? All kinds of styles too. Now it is parted in the middle and long! I'm sick of seeing it.